Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
saleenII supercharger on 04' GT??

would this be possible. I know that I would need a new bracket and probably the tubing up to the intake but wouldn't the rest work. What all would I need to do in order to make this work on my 04"? It is a paxton charger by the way? What parts would work and what parts wouldn't work?

·
Registered
251 Posts
custom tubeing and custom bracketry. I don't see why not

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think that the brackets would have the same mounting points wouldn't they? If this was the case then I could just use the bracket that is for my car. I wouldn't think that they made different mounting points on the blower for different applications....i thought that the blower was a generic piece with a bracket for each particular application....also with the tubing....??

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
It won't work. The 4.6 cars use a reverse rotation compressor, and the 5.0 cars use standard rotation. Also, new brackets from Vortech are nearly $1000, plus you need inlet/discharge tubes, injectors, a fuel pump, and a chip.

Just stash about $2,000 away, and start hunting for a used kit that's the correct one for your car.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Just read that you're talking about a Paxton. Unless its a Novi 2000, it isn't even worth messing with. Even if it is a Novi 2000, which is a fine blower, you're looking at a very large pile of money to get it working if you can't do the fabrication yourself.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks man...that is exactly what I needed to know. puts an end to that question in my mind. Thanks for all of the helpful info.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
since it wasn't answered in the superchargers forum I"m gonna try and get the info over here. I have a chance to get a saleen II series blower with intercooler and everything to mount it. How much power would I be turning with that blower and can I get 10lbs of boost out of that blower. What is a baseline number power wise for the blower on my car, I have exhaust. Thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts
You can expect to see approx 325 rwhp out of that kit at around 9psi. That is a pretty standard HP number that I've seen a lot of those kits put down. It seems like the base kit puts out a bit over 300 rwhp. I'm not sure if you'll be able to get 10psi out of the M90 compressor. Somebody with one may chime in and let you know what boost you can get out of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts