Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car used and want to know if was a special service. Why I think it is - 10 holes, 130 amp alt., no ignition release button, white. Why I think it isn't- no oil cooler, trunk release in glovebox, 2 keys. Let me know how to tell for sure before I start turning it into a race car. Isn't there a tag somewhere? Can you tell by the vin? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
587 Posts
My '89 FHP car has a 135 lestec alt, 160 speedo, trunk release above right knee, blue silicon hoses, seat reienforcements, heavy duty clutch fan, oilcooler, 1 key entry, NO power windows or locks, and a few holes in the console for the CB. It was a unmarked car, so it didn't come with a spotlight. I'm probably forgetting a few things but I hope this helps. I did go to an auction in Lincoln Nebraska for some NHP coupes ('90-'91 models) and none of them had any SSP items on them. They were just plain 5.0 coupes with all the holes and spotlights. Look here for some more help www.sspmustang.org and contact Jim @www.mustangparts.com

·
Registered
433 Posts
My 93 florida car has a 160mph speedo, the blue silicone radiator hose, one key opens everything, it DOES have the button you have to press to get the key out, the trunk release by the steering wheel, and I took the oil cooler off.

ten hole wheels...power nothing..

Another thing...the interior lights don't turn on if you open the driver's side door..only when you open the passanger side.

Chad

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
ChadTN said:

Another thing...the interior lights don't turn on if you open the driver's side door..only when you open the passanger side.

Chad

sounds busted bro :lol:

(my '93 cop car has a *functioning* interior light switch on the door :evil:

·
Registered
433 Posts
This came off that special service website:

inoperative door courtesy lamp switches

I'm assuming it is set up that way so the cops didn't get lit up like x-mas and blown away at night when they opened the door.

Chad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts