Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing new speakers in my door panels on my 1993 mustang. I belive you have to disassemble the door panels but im not sure. My question is how to take off the door panels or a link to a website that shows you how. Can anyone help thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I will try to remember as well as I can. There are three bolts in the armrest (two under those little plastic plugs) one screw under the interior door handle and of course all those little clips that snap in. In my 93 GT I don't have to remove my whole door panel but there is a seperate panel that holds in the speaker. Check for that first. You can buy a tool for a couple of bucks at most auto parts stores to remove those little clips that go around the outside of the panel to keep from messing them up. Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My son posted this message. Bottom line is that the panel around the speaker is not intended to be removed (even though he did), because it is part of the door panel itself. The speak grill is held onto the door pannel with swedged plastic pins that are part of the grill. Looks like the entire door panel has to come off & we'll have to monkey around to get the grill properly reinstalled.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
yes, they are all one peice. thats unfortunate they were torn off. try to get them back together with the whole panel out of the car. maybe you can put screws in from the back to grab the meat of the speaker grille.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
336 Posts
The previous ownder of my mustang removed the panels and used a screw to hold it back in place. The screw he added is adjacent to the one at the bottom. When the door is closed, the screw cannot be seen. I don't think I would have done this. I would use the glue called "GOOP." It is awesome. I believe it is a silicone based glue. Very versitile.

Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts