Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im curious to what my 93 LX hatch 5.0 weighs. Assume its a stock 5 speed with cloth interior, and 5 star ponies. What should it weigh?

·
Registered
684 Posts
mine weighed in at 3180. car has aluminum heads, aluminum driveshaft, tremec(50#s heavier than a stock t5), subframe conectors and 17" bullitts.

Just for comparison my buddies completely stock 87 GT w/ turbine wheels and a 5-speed weighed 3140 on the same scale.

I have no idea how mine is heavier. Maybe the safety beams and such are bigger in a 93 than a 87??

·
Registered
12 Posts
my best weight

my 92 LX hatch with aluminum heads, no A/C at all, smog gone, no cat pipe, no tail pipes, no spare tire. the car came in at 3060 with me not in it.

well, i thru back in a stock motor (stock heads), spare tire and a 6 point cage...and.. i did take out all of the sound deadner before the cage install.... i did not notice any difference in exterior noise and the weight went up to 3140. not too bad i guess... I am dropping in a big windsor in a couple of months (if by chance i do not get deployed back to iraq) and i want my weight to be right at 3100 max!!!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
mine weighed in at 3180. car has aluminum heads, aluminum driveshaft, tremec(50#s heavier than a stock t5), subframe conectors and 17" bullitts.

Just for comparison my buddies completely stock 87 GT w/ turbine wheels and a 5-speed weighed 3140 on the same scale.

I have no idea how mine is heavier. Maybe the safety beams and such are bigger in a 93 than a 87??
87 GT Doesn't have:

1. MAF Meter
2. Airbag (25#'s with all the stuff for them)
3. Rear shoulder Belts

You've also added a Tremec which is 110 pounds where the T5 is about 75 pounds, then added subframes, and reduced weight by the driveshaft and heads.

Just to let ya know where the weight is.

---------------

My 1989 LX weighs in at 2960 pounds on a scale. Thats with Aluminum heads, replaced intake, removed emissions, removed sound dampening pads and insulations, weld draglite rims, No front sway bar, etc....

·
Registered
12 Posts
tremec???

I have a tremec in mine and it does not weight 110 pounds...

because i can pick that thing up like it is cool.... and walk around with it.,...i had an AOD in my car before and it was believeable that it weighed 110 pounds!! mmmm 110 sounds a lil steep for a tremec....

·
Registered
12 Posts
holyzhit

oh my od i guess it does weigh 100 pounds.. i just looked at the specs on it... i would have though tht it would be about 20 pounds less than that or so.. sorry.. my mishap!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
are those weights with you guys in the car also, im trying to figure out how much my 89 5.0 lx would weight, everything is stock and it has 10 holes, anyone know?

·
Registered
551 Posts
My 1991 5-speed 5.0 LX came in at 3220 lbs.

The mods I had done at the time it was we weighed were:

Electric fan (a little lighter than the stock fan)
out-of-the-box GT-40 iron heads (little heavier than stock heads)
extrude hone stock intake
1.7 roller rockers
FRPP shorty headers
3-chamber Flowmaster welded into the stock tailpipes
3.55 gears with an Auburn

Most of these mods wouldn't have had an effect on the weight of the car, and those that did, such as the GT-40 irons, could have been cancelled out by the lighter electric fan.

Also, I still had the stock h-pipe and all emissions equipment hooked up. I didn't do anything to try and lighten the car, such as lighter hood and wheels.

From the factory the car was fully optioned, which included:

A/C
moonroof
cruise control
lumbar support
Ford Premium Sound System
power windows/locks/side mirrors
16" Pony wheels and tires - 225/55/16
interior rear hatch cover with hold down

·
Registered
200 Posts
My '90 LX coupe:
-with 10 holes, iron heads, sub frames, no cats ---- 3020lbs

-then changed wheels to Welds with slicks and skinneys and put on aluminum heads and dropped 100lbs ---- now 2920lbs

·
Registered
278 Posts
My 93 lx weighed in at 3225 with half tank of gas. only changes from stock at the time was an alum driveshaft and subframe connectors. that weight is with the spare and jack and my toolset. now i have alum heads, and removed front sway bar and run without the tools and jack and spare so i'd guess maybe i'm at 3100 now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
no guessing

truthfully... do not make any guesses... you have to go weigh it... that would be like guessing track times... it is difficult... when i first weighed my car and it was 3060 I was suprised as hell... then when i put the stock motor with stock heads, spare tire and roll cage I was supprised i only gained 80 pounds... other than waht i mentioned the car is in stock form...

chrome ponies with 255/50/16's in the rear
225/55/16 in the front..
i so have alum drive shaft
no cat'd exhaust
No a/c at all.... that was a big help in space.especially timing adjustments

but yes... sometimes weighin your car will suprise you bad or good!!! i was suprised in a good weigh on my first weigh in!!

:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts