Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the front and rear discs on a 93 cobra the same diameter as say the 94 up gt's. I need to upgrade my brakes on my cobra but cant really find any kits, all I really think I need are drilled and slotted rotors or a decent priced kit if anybody knows of any?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. I have just purchaced a 13" front break system from baer and am looking to upgrade my rear rotors and pads, does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Liv4Spd said:
I'm wondering the same thing. I have just purchaced a 13" front break system from baer and am looking to upgrade my rear rotors and pads, does anyone have any suggestions?
Hrm, 93 cobra the same as Baer brakes?

No.

No need to bump anything. Did someone not understand the N or the O there? If you have more specific questions, spit them out.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Liv4Spd said:
and am looking to upgrade my rear rotors and pads, does anyone have any suggestions?
I thought it was pretty clear what my question was:confused: If it helps clerify, I was just wondering if anyone had any recomendations for upgrading my rear rotors and pads from stock on my 93 svt.:joy:

·
Registered
154 Posts
As usuall Matt is being a blunt *****. I wish I could meet him in person.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Every question you could possibly ask about brakes has been asnwered 1000 times before.......

You can find the asnwers by reading Matts site (highly recommended) or by doing a quick SEARCH.......

·
Registered
227 Posts
Usualy you would be correct, if I were looking for info on any GT or LX model then your right it has been answered 1000 times. But for F*#K sake, if you read my post you would realise I was looking info on a 93 COBRA! Not as much info out there on this one and hence thats why I was asking. so thanks for nothing. Oh, and have nice day :)

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
On mats page for 4-lug upgrades you will see what the brakes differances are. To upgrade to better brakes you would have to go with the 1994 on up spindles and brakes of your choice. Take the Cobra stuff off and save it for when you sell it. Up grade to SN95 stuff and enjoy it. Other than that you can go aftermarket. Not much you can do with 93 Cobra brakes than better pads and new rotors. The drilling and sloting of rotors are for show unless your at 100% track racer and then they haven't proved that helps there either except for weight removal. The 93 Cobra brakes are not the same as 94 & up brakes. Spindals are differant also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I Have redone my front and rear brakes on my 93 Cobra for $114 front and $99 rear for each pair. Hawk Racing produces a slotted rotor that has the correct offset for the 93 Cobra. I bought the units from a California disturbuter on Ebay. Highly recommend the rotors with the Autozone Performance fiction Cabon metallic pads.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts