Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What month was last of old and what was the first month in 92 that used the 93 style? I have a 6/92 and it does not have the relay under the seat. I need a dash harness and I need to know how early into 92 can I go before I hit the change.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Look in the engine bay for 2 relays on the passenger side near the mass air meter. IF there are 2 there and it sounds like there will be then you have the late 92.5 to 93 harness.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I have a 92.5. My question is what month the break for 92. I need to order one and would like to order a dash/harness for a late 92 because I need a titanium dash not a opal color.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have found more info that says dash harnesses are the same from 90-93 and only the engine harnesses changed. Anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
24,296 Posts
negative.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I dont think anyone can tell you the exact month they changes harness. What I can tell you is you must use a dash harness from the later 92.5 to 93. They are not all the same. 91-92.5 will only work with 91-92.5 and 92.5 - 93 will only work with 92.5 - 93.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have called a few salvage yards and had them check their cars. Looks like 02/92 up is the earliest that I can verify the split. I haven't found any 01/92 cars to check. I did verify that 11/91 has the relay under the seat.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I dont quite understand. You have a car that is missing the dash harness or the dash and harness? If you need a dash and a harness buy a 90-92 titanium dash and then a 92-93 dash harness....

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanted to purchase a dash with harness to avoid swapping the harness but couldn't find one so I just purchased the harness. My dash is fine just the harness was butchered by previous owner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts