Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1990 coupe, performance red w/ black interior
Engine: 1995 cobra engine(GT40 heads, cobra intake)-B303 cam -1.7 RR, around 1 1/2 year since rebuild and balance, ARP fast. -70 mm tb -77 mm mass air - Paxton Novi 1000 SC still under warranty(factory pulleys) #30 injectors

Trans: 1995 Cobra T5-Z with centerforce clutch -Hurst shifter -alum driveshaft

Rearend: 3:73 -31 splines -auburn posi

Misc: 5-lug conv. -new black carpet -1995 Cobra seats -Auto Meter gauges -Elec. Fan -Paint is around 1 year old -Runs/Drives great -no idle surge -Perfect daily driver

Power: it made 420 RWHP @5-6 psi with a fat street tune at Team Ford in Marietta, Ga (Dyno graphs avail)- the Novi 1000 is good for 15-17 psi easily. much more power potential here

$9200 /partial trades considered (preferably other toys-especially a vintage fastback stang)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
interior pic

Here is one pic of the interior, ill have some more detailed pics hopefully tomorrow, and the compression is stock 9:1

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, it is a conversion car. Everything has been converted(brakes, brake lines, fuel lines, rearend, interior, wiring, etc.) it can now be titled as a V8 if so desired. It costs around $115 to have the title changed through the state. The insurance company dosen't care as long as you carry liability insurance- for me its $186/6 months.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You better check on that. That may be the case in Georgia, however, in Tennessee it is not. A local mustang performance shop posted an aritcle from a newspaper which told the story of a man who had converted a mustang from a 4 to 8. Well, as luck would have it, a Yucon pulled out in front of him and he hit it, totaling both cars. Insurance company refused to honor his policy because of the alteration. There was a big debate over the case. The insurance company said that he was paying the premium on the base 4 model and not a v8. The insurace company then sued him for the difference in premium and for the damage due and they won on both counts. Be careful.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
398stang, thanks for the reply. I discussed my V8 conversion with my insurance agent prior to its construction. He said going by the 4cyl. VIN# was fine with him only under liability insurance, however if i want to carry full coverage it would have to be insured as a V8. Other insurance companies may differ in their policies, but i would never advise trying to cheat them because of situations like you mentioned. People are scared when they hear"conversion car" like it devalues the car tremendously. I've found that the chassis' of the 4cyl. cars are in much better shape because they havent had a V8 torquing on them their entire lives, and seem to ride much better. They also offer dirt cheap insurance possibilties depending on your agency. And as I mentioned, the title can be changed to V8 making its already low book value the same as any original V8 car. -Doug

1 - 20 of 29 Posts