Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the Ford racing 2300K cables bolt in directly in place of the stock cables. Or in other words, are there any extra brakets that need to be added or removed from the car for them to install?

They look exactly the same as the cables that came from the car that I got the brakes off of, which don't look anything like the stockers. :confused:

The stock ones appear to have a lot shorter sheath/casing over the actual cable than the SN95 and 2300K cables appear to. This allows the cable to go around the fixed pulley (for lack of a better term) back by the mufflers which points the cable toward the e brake handle.

Any other tips/thoughts would be appreciated. And pictures are even better. ;)

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
The M2300K kit comes with 2 different sets of Ebrake cables.

The first is the FMS M2809A units for the 79-92 cars. You can order those seperate from any FMS dealer.

The second set is for the 93 model year cars only. They came from the 93 cobras.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt90GT said:
The M2300K kit comes with 2 different sets of Ebrake cables.

The first is the FMS M2809A units for the 79-92 cars. You can order those seperate from any FMS dealer.

The second set is for the 93 model year cars only. They came from the 93 cobras.
So am I to assume that the 2809A cables are the same as the stockers except for the way they attach at the rear to the calipers?

·
Registered
6,307 Posts

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
GaryJ said:

So am I to assume that the 2809A cables are the same as the stockers except for the way they attach at the rear to the calipers?
No, they are also longer so they will reach the rear caliper.

Put is this way, they are what you need. End of story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.