Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
89 Notch/Coupe 347 street/strip ($$reduced)

1989 Ford Mustang Coupe. -black/black.

373hp/383tq to the wheel NA,… 460/490 on 100 shot (tuned on 91 octane by Swanson Performance). On race gas and more timing you could see as much as 50hp more n/a

Interior:
New black carpet, Corbeau sport seats w/lumbar. Armrest delete. Rear seat delete. Custom Black interior (duplicolor)- very clean. Visors off, but I have them.

Stereo:
Rockford Fosgate cd/mp3 in dash. Nachamichi front/alpine rear speakers. Optima yellow gel cell battery relocated to trunk (w/alum.box and huge cables).

Suspension:
Front- Koni Red strut, Steeda lightweight drag sway bar, D&D front end (tubular K-member/a-arms/camber caster plates/coil overs).
Rear features-FMS B spring, Lakewood 50/50 shock, with Mac upper and lower control arms.

Brakes:
Powerslot rotor, hawk performance pad, high test fluid, all steel braided lines, and stainless steel sleves.

Transmisison:
Performance Automatic SuperComp C4 w/brake, TCT billit 9” converter, Cheetah shifter. JL sfi aluminum ultrabell, custom Drive Shaft good to 800hp. Best and strongest trans available. Note, car was originally a 5speed, but converted to auto. Pedals still intact incase you want to convert in the future.

Rear end:
3.73 gear, Superior 31 spline axles, Eaton diff, longer hardened studs.

Power/engine:
CHP 347 stroker with girdle, cnc ported TFS twisted wedge heads ([email protected]”), ported Edelbrock RPM intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 76mm C&L MAF, K&N, FMS balancer. Custom FTI cam, Canton 8qt pan, 30lb Injectors, 255lph intank, Autologic chip tuned by Swanson Performance (373hp, 383tq at the rear Wheel, with 91 octane conservative tune, but with race gas and more timing, you could see as much as 50hp more). Also note, that’s shifting at only 5800, as I had the cam made for streetable power, the car has a smooth idle. If you cam it higher and rev it higher, you can get way more from this combo, but I wanted conservative. Note, I have squeezed three bottles on this car at 100 shot (several dyno runs, and a few street passes).

Ehxaust: Kooks 1&3/4 jet hot header, full 3” dual exhaust, Kooks X pipe, Dynomax bullets + untraflows w/ turndowns.

Body:
Cirvini Cobra R hood. Recently painted Earl Scheib pro3 (their best), looks great but is not a 3K$ job. The radiator core support is bent, but is an easy fix, and only noticeable if you look for it under the hood. Frame is straight and unharmed. (When I bought it, it looked as if a raised truck backed up into it, damaging only the hood and radiator support, I replaced the hood, and accepted the bent support as something to maybe fix down the road, and I just never have. The car is straight and square.

Wheels:
Stock 10 hole with new Yokohama rubber, plus Centerline Convopro 15x8.5 and 15x4, with BFG Drag Radial 275/50/15 in back

Notes, extras, etc.:
Has ice cold A/C, full manual Flaming River rack/pinion. Griffin Nascar aluminum radiador (31x19), Spall dual electric fans, 170 volt alternator, pulleys, new wires/cap/rotor/coil/msd 6AL. Custom full length subframe set up. Power windows, door locks, etc. Dyno tuned and ready to go.
The cam was ground for engine and nitrous performance.

Baby forces sale.
All work performed within the last 4k miles and less then two years of driving for me. Only 89K miles on chasis.
Car should be at 3000 lbs, and do approx. 11.70 on the engine as it sits, and possibly an 11.50 with race gas and more timing. On a simple 100 shot, the car should go mid tens on a slick, using the brake.

I am sure there are many more things I am forgetting, go ahead and ask. Best way to contact me is directly by email at [email protected] (I can email pics, not good at posting them). Note Zex kit currently installed-

-New head lights
-new pannels (under the front windows)
-autometer lunar series tack/light
-Densecharger CAI (puts 9" K&N in the fender)
-Custom switch plate for toggles (in ashtray well)
-Lumbar support in drivers seat

Disclaimers:
-WIndshiled crack the size of a pea, and its not spreadding
-Chip on nose the size of a 50cent piece (pulled into driveway too far)
-Chip on trunk lid the size of a pea (had a saleen wing, took it off to paint, and the paint chipped off one of the filled holes.

90,500 on chasis, bought it 2 years ago with 86,000 so all mods are 4500miles or newer, built as a hobby, second car, something to do when disability kept me from work (i have M.S.), but now with a baby comming, i can no longer keep this luxury. Also not many miles b.c it was stick and i had troubble driving stick most of the time, (due to my M.S.)

Asking $10K obo- or trade for a truck

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow, no offers even...

I guess i will buy some slicks and play with her some this summer- maybe post some times...
Just think, this can be you =)

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have a 89 coupe in great shape. It has a 4 inch cowl hood, ponies w/ nittos, new 393 stroker motor, fresh build. TFS TW heads, forged pistons,Comp XE cam .564/.575 cam, ARP bolts, MSD 6AL, heavy duty 3 core radiator, new clutch fan, rebuilt water pump, new altenator, new starter, new SFI balancer, subframe connectors, aluminum driveshaft, new shocks and struts, caster camber plates,Autometer 5 inch monster tach and a pillar pod with oil pressure and air fuel Autometer silver face gauges, 94 GT seats, 2.5"exhaust with 2 chamber flows and turndowns, Mac shorty headers, New fuel system holley blue, new regulator and lines, sumped tank, New edelbrock 750 carb, new intake, Cat 1.6 roller rockers, fresh T5 world class hd tranny(3500 miles) king cobra clutch, frpp flywheel, Pro 5.0 shifter with Tri ax handle, 8.8 with 3.73 gears. There are only two spots on car that needs touch up paint. The paint is like new on it(shines good). It is a dark burgandy. Custom embroidered mustang door panels. New rear quarter windows, and we all know how expensive those are and how bad they look when they go bad. I am looking for a trade preferably to another coupe but hatches are OK. I would like a 5.0 EFI car. If equitable to what I have even trades OK. Would like strong bottom end 306, 331, 308, 347 something like that. Stock is Ok but may need cash with trade. WIll get pics and either post or email upon request. If you offer a trade please post and email a pic and specs to [email protected]

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, the market must be pretty bad right now-

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just installed a battery cut off switch today- came out nice (just because im selling her doesnt mean i don't love her anymore).

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Come on corral, wifie is starting the 9th month- car needs to sell, and is fully smogged and tags are good till Sept. 05-

Make me an Offer-

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
$10,000 ---
damn, this car is a great deal for that-

·
Registered
115 Posts
Advice...

Hate to tell you this King, but u might as well get used to the idea that you arn't going to sell it for $12K, $10.5K, $10K or $9K. You might get $7k if ur lucky. I know because I just sold my 90 GT 347/Temec/Custom interior/NOS just about every mod you can imagine. It was a beautiful car that would have probably sold for 12K a couple years ago. I unfortunatley had to let it go for $8k. I started selling it at $10,500. Had it for sale for almost 6 months and not a single person came to look at it. I finally dropped the price to $8,500 because I am buying a new house and needed the money. Finally, one call and the guy came from out of town and bought it for $8k. Wife and I were both pissed because I lost about $10k in two years. Now I really wish I would have kept it because you could not duplicate the car for less than $18K. My advice to you and everybody else out there that thinks their car is going to bring big bucks is to hold on to it and enjoy it. You'll be glad u did.

Peace

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
GOD RULES!!!!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GR, if i dont get my price, i wont sell the car, b/c if i did not have it and i saw it for sale, id buy it back in a heart beat for that price- so that part of your advice on not taking a lowball- i will take

Yes, i will keep it and love it, and be burried in it if i do not get what i want for it, or what its worth selling (loosing it) for (to me)

BTW, you had a gt, mine is a coupe. And without knowing your car, on mine, their is no detail left unattended. Built engine top to bottom, built rear, suspension, interior, body, wheels, trans, guages, custom etc. etc. bumper to bumper and out the kooks headers-

·
Registered
29 Posts
wow i really wish u woulda waited a couple months on that baby.. u sure u cant just keep it in there for a while?this car sounds perfect for what i need. ant spend my cash till oct sorry.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
GOD is right.....Market for used cars simply sucks, ESPECIALLY modified ones. Sounds like you have a nice car there and people in the know realize it could not be built for that price....but what can I say....people suck....I part out cars for a living and just bought a 93 gt, 342, tko, s trim, afr, holley, locker, 31s, etc for far less than your asking price because he needed to sell it....

if you want to email me pics at [email protected] I will gladly host them for you

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ttt

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
not going to part it out-
if she doesnt sell, i guess im stuck with my dream car lol- not a bad situation to be in-

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
any of those guys who want it and dont have the money yet, care to leave a deposit?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ttt

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ttt-
baby is here, crying and screaming-
diapers, wipes, mortgage, gumars, insurance-