Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this will be a build thread of my 89 Mustang GT. The intention is not a show car but the car will be cosmetically please but more important very solid and able to take a beating. The purpose of the car is to be beat on and driven without a worry and not to worry too much from minor scratches and dirt. I acquire the vehicle as a completely stock mustang that had just had a engine rebuild with stock parts. Cosmetically car was very worn, had rattle can paint with lots of bondo, broken seats, broken interior trim. Car was torn apart to be rebuild. A lot of things are being done for the purpose of functionality such as front splitter, rear diffuser, louvered hood and fenders for the purpose of air flow and cooling. Plans for interior are to create fiberglass door panels, keep interior gutted with all visible metal being covered with thin cloth for weight saving purposes. Car will be painted with a flat sealer in military green and black airforce signs centered on doors. Im not a fan of fiberglass and prefer the work and beauty of making things out of metal. Many things are not listed as it is not on the top of my mind. Will try to update every week. Will post pictures of how car was acquired in this post and follow of with pictures of all the projects on the car with brief summaries/tutorials. Please remember that I am not a professional builder and only a 22 year old nursing student who has space to work on cars at my uncles body shop.

List of Mods- Drivetrain/Chassis
302 / Rebuilt 5 Speed /3.73 Richmond Gears/Alluminum Drive Shaft
Centerforce dual friction clutch and SR short shifter
Mishimoto aluminium radiator w/ dual electric pump
GT40P Heads
1.7 Roller Rockers
GT40 Manifold
E303 Cam
76MM Mac Maf Sensor
70MM Mac Throttle Body
AC/Smog Delete
ASP Aluminum Underdrive Pullies
Ford Racing 24LB Injectors
NGK Ultra Platinum Spark Plugs
MAC Long Tube Headers
Mac Pro Chamber (H Pipe)
Rest of Exhaust is a side exit straight pipe after mac pro chamber
155lph Fuel Pump
Bama 4Bank Tuner 91 Tune
Single Wire Alternator Setup
Optima 34/78 Battery
1994 Cobra Rear End
2003 Cobra Brake Calipers/Rotors
Race Brake Flud
New Fuel Level Sending Unit
Ac Delco Starter Solenoid
New Throttle Air Bypass Valve
Grant Steering Wheel
Jegs Roll Cage
Maximum Motorsport Tower Brace
Maximum Motorsport Subframe Connector
Maximum Motorsport Steel Brake Lines
Maximum Motorsport 2 Point K K Member
UPR K Member w/Spring Perches
RaceCraft Saleen (Eibach) Lowering Springs
Koni Orange Shocks Front and Back
Prothane Rear Upper Axle Bushing
Prothane Offset Steering Rack Bushings
Prothane Shock Tower Strut Tower Bushing
Wild Rides Battle Torque Box Upgrade
New 2.25 Turn Steering Rack
XXR 531 17 x 10 on all four corners with Kuhmo Esta x4 275/40/17

Exterior/Interior Mods
Lx body conversion- front and rear bumper with side skirts removed
Side moldings welded in and moldings removed only on inner 6 pieces
Custom louvered heat extracting hood
Custom louvered fender louvers
Custom adjustable ducktail style rear spoiler
Saleen air dam
Front lower splitter also as under body cover with duct to pull air into engine
Rear diffuser
SS Worx Steel Fenders Front and Back 2 Inch flare on each corner/4 inches wider front/rear

Still To Acquire
Corbearu Seats
Gauges

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The build has already started but I will start posting pictures of the individual projects that we are working on. This is pictures we took when we bought the vehicle. Previous owner is in the picture and shout out to him for still keeping in touch and answering any questions I have in regards to the car

Attachments

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update on the hood of the vehicle, I did not want to go with a fiberglass hood, so i modified my stock hood to be a one off design. I have yet to see this design on another foxbody hood. Louvers were purchased from Dave at rod louvers, they are out of california. Their website is http://rodlouvers.com/. I also got the welding claps from him makes the work so much easier. He was a very helpful guy, I believe him and his wife run the business and they went out of their way more than once to overnight me items.

Attachments

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More pictures, really like the way the hood came out, gives more of an old school racing feel to the look. Will post more onces hood is finished and primered.

Attachments

· Registered
5,182 Posts
Nice, should be fun to drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.