Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased some bbk 1531 long tubes and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to get the drivers side header on ....is there and trick to the trade>? also the steering shaft has been removed.....any help plz auto bbk

· Registered
1,020 Posts
With my mac aod headers I had to jack the engine up and it still was not easy.
With the team Z k-member it got real easy.

· Registered
1,335 Posts
remove spark plugs

· Registered
156 Posts
I installed a set for a manual, so not sure how different it could be. I jacked up the engine with motor mounts unbolted from K-member. Fished the passenger side in from the top pretty easily. Then I used a ratchet strap to pull the engine toward the passenger side and fished the driver's side in from the bottom. It helps to have the car as high off the ground as you can. I did it with steering rack still installed.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
4,515 Posts
back the nut on the passenger mount off half way. take the nut off the drivers side mount. jack up the engine as far as it will go so it rotates counterclockwise as it goes up. feed the header up from the bottom, let the motor down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.