Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i bought my frist mustang about 3 weeks ago.the car is mostly stock.the only thing that it has done is a k/n filter and under drive pullies and flowmasters. the guy that i i bought the car said that was all that he new was done to it.but he had bought the car from a police auction.and the car has 83,ooo mile on it.the frist time i drove the car it seemed real sluggish till about 3500 rpm the it would take off.well i got under the and changed the pluges,wire and the cap and rotor .and the fuel filter.when i pulled the pluges the were white. i talked to a guy that has a mustang and he told me to unplug my throttle position sensor.so i did and the car ran great and was alot faster.well the next day i went and got a new tps and put it on and the car ran worse before.will it hurt the car running it with the tps unhooked.also could some one tell me what else to check that would make it run like this. a guy at the parts store told me that the car may have a cam in it.does this sound true or not

thanks for any help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts