Ford Mustang Forums banner

88 Coupe - Medium Grey Interior?

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  TomV 
#1 ·
I have an 88 coupe with a grey (gray) interior. I had been operating on the assumption it was Smoke Grey. Recently I got the Marti report and it lists it as Medium grey. I had picked up some Smoke Grey parts and was surprised how far off the color was.

Is there a "Medium Grey" interior color. If so, why does SEM and LMR not have a paint for it. I got the cupholder center piece and it was only available in Black/Red and Smoke and it doesn't even come close to my center console so I would like to get the preferred paint to make it match, but I can't find a Medium Grey anywhere.

Thanks
Ryan

#2 ·
LMR does list "medium gray" in their interior color chart, but both it, and smoke gray are both listed as interior color code "G"

That's all I found

#5 ·
Thanks guys. I looked through the SEM catalog by specifiying the year and model and Medium Gray wasn't listed. I will give a can of that a try. It doesn't have to be perfect that's for sure but I bought that dual cup holder center console piece and Smoke Gray is way way off.

I too saw that LMR lists them both as "G" but I have both my parts and Smoke Gray stuff I mistakenly bought thinking thats what I had and they are a totally different color.

#7 ·
Raising this thread from the dead. I too have been under the assumption my 89GT was Smoke Gray (my int trim door code is PG), but as others mention the SEM paint is off. I've tried both LMR and NPD smoke gray paints. Anyone ever find a closer match to medium gray?

#8 ·
Nope. None of the colors are a close match. Talked about this in another thread a while back. Smoke gray is off a shade. Titanium gray is off a couple shades. Opal gray is off a shade. There are 2 or 3 different color red interiors for 87-93 none of the color code matched red cans are the same. Nor the blue. This issue sucks basically.

#9 ·
FYI: I recently tried painting a panel with SEM 15163, Presidio. I had read it was a closer match to Med Gray, but it's got a little too much blue tint to it. The SEM smoke gray is actually better than this, but even that still needs more yellow tint in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.