Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sandy Vag Club
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 coupe with a grey (gray) interior. I had been operating on the assumption it was Smoke Grey. Recently I got the Marti report and it lists it as Medium grey. I had picked up some Smoke Grey parts and was surprised how far off the color was.

Is there a "Medium Grey" interior color. If so, why does SEM and LMR not have a paint for it. I got the cupholder center piece and it was only available in Black/Red and Smoke and it doesn't even come close to my center console so I would like to get the preferred paint to make it match, but I can't find a Medium Grey anywhere.

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
LMR does list "medium gray" in their interior color chart, but both it, and smoke gray are both listed as interior color code "G"

That's all I found

·
Registered
163 Posts
SEM 15393 is offered as medium gray.
You can get a can to test color matching.
It will be difficult to match a one off piece no matter how close the color is. The best advice is to color coat all the pieces at the same time guaranteeing a perfect match.

·
Sandy Vag Club
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I looked through the SEM catalog by specifiying the year and model and Medium Gray wasn't listed. I will give a can of that a try. It doesn't have to be perfect that's for sure but I bought that dual cup holder center console piece and Smoke Gray is way way off.

I too saw that LMR lists them both as "G" but I have both my parts and Smoke Gray stuff I mistakenly bought thinking thats what I had and they are a totally different color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts