Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasnt expecting all my a-trim parts to arrive today, but they did.

Well yesterday i refulled my gas tank with my regular 87octane.

Will this be a problem? (ive wasted about 3 gallons, which i can add 91, if that helps any).

Octane boosters work?

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
You can still drive the car with that tank of 87 octane but DO NOT get into boost whatever you do!If you have a BTM, turn the knob all the way to 3 also..Dont fool with the octane boosters from the parts store.They dont add enough Octane to even worry with.Just drive it easy ( like a Granny) for that tank of fuel and Fill up with 93 when its gone..

Jeff

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Most octane boosters raise octane 1-10 points (how vague can you be) but read the fine print, 1-10 points is .1-1 octane. So, add it to a tank of 93 and you get between 93.1 and 94. Take a guess.

You're better off finding a Union 76 around that sells 100 octane race gas from the pump and adding some of that to get the octane that you are looking for. You can call their 800 number to find the closest one to you that sells it. I'm lucky, I have one that is only about a mile from my work. :D

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, didnt think it would be that bad, (only about 5PSI, witha 12:1 disk), but i guess ill stay off it, till i refull.

jcm3, where is the 100octane in LA?

·
Registered
954 Posts
there's a 76 station in La Habra that sell the 100 octane. But it's heck of expensive. Like $5-6 a gallon I think. I had to do that one time when I accidentally filled the stang with 87 (I put 87 in my other cars). Emptied out half and filled with 100. Damn expensive lesson, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts