Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st Question. Where can i find Quarterpanel skin for my 87 gt. Looked everywhere (wrecking yards salvage yards, online) cannot find them.

2nd Question. how hard would it be to replace them

·
Registered
160 Posts
order one from ford. you dont want to cut one off a used chunk and then try not to screw it up beyond use. it can be done but by a body shop only, unless you have experience doing this. if you order a new one from ford it will come the outer shell. if you've wrecked the car and have damage behide the qtr you must also take this into consideration. i highly recommend if you've never done anything like this before take it to a body shop and let a professional do it. being a main structure of the car if you were to ever wreck the car in this area and it is not done right someone could get killed. in this case you don't want to get a qtr and take it to a body shop, that is like buying eggs and going to a resturant and telling them how you want them cooked. cheapest way to get it fixed right is to find someone like myself that does this for a living and has a shop at home and can do it right for you. a dealer will charge $40 to $45 an hour labor where as someone working at home is around $20 to $30 an hour.
good luck.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Mustangs Unlimited sells them. Whatever you do stay away from the aftermarket ones. They won't fit and this is a welded on piece so good luck trying to get it to fit properly after you start welding it on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts