Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a good educated guess on the weight of the 86 coupe. manual windows and locks. Also how rare are these things. Thanx Garry

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
FWIW...

Last time at the track I weighed my '86 GT hatch - 3305 lbs with me (170 lbs, a half tank of gas and the spare removed.) My car is stock with A/C, manual locks/windows. I don't think your coupe would be TOO much lighter, since unlike the '87+ GTs, the '86 GT does not have any of the additional plastic, scoops, spoilers, etc. Mark

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow a bit heavier than I thought. I should be around 2700 or so with the mods I have done so far. Here is the list Glass hood and trunk manual brakes and steering no a/c heater box and related deleted fuel cell elec wp elec fan all sound deadner gone all efi wiring gone front and rear bumpers and shocks delete no sway bar no back seat front glass buckets 6 point bar SFCs full int. everything under dash is gone efi canned converted to carb car obviously on a serious diet. Do you think 2700 w/o me is a poss.? Thanx Garry

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
??

No way to tell - sounds like it's gutted pretty good so I guess it could be what you're thinking. I did the guessing game for a while too - just go run it and weigh it at the track! :) Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts