Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted once before and got no answer, does no one know about the 130 amp swap? I did the swap on my '86 5.0 and found no white stator wire in the loom with the power wires. I just saved the connector I got in the junk yard and did without for now, haven't had any problems YET. I want to know if anyone knows what that wire runs to, or if I even should worry about it. Did the car come with it? Thanks for any help, if no one knows, post that too so I at least hear something.
Thanks, Andy :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im going to take some pics of mine tomorrow...i swapped mine out a couple of weeks ago and since everyone asks this question maybe some pics will help

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the swap already so I know that it looks alright, I just had no stator wire to be hooked up in the car. I guess I'll go with the, if it ain't broke, don't fix it deal. I have the 130 charging away, don't know the purpose of that extra wire. I have the power hooked up with amp wire, the stock plug in place, but no little white stator wire.
Thanks,
ANDY

·
Premium Member
2,678 Posts
I'm running a Power Master 140 amp alt., on my '86GT and it was a simple one wire hookup to the positive side of the inner fender mounted solenoid. It took me about 15 minutes to install the thing and hook it up... I'm not sure if having the FMS high torque starter makes it any easier or not?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Did the directions say to hook it up?
On carbed vehicles, the stator wire ran to the electric choke. I know this doesn't help you, but shows that the wire was for output not input.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The stator wire runs from the center of the 3 wire oval plug to the small connector on the 3G next to the oval plug connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts