Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't look like my original post made it...
I'm in the process of restoring an '85 GT. It's a white car with black/charcoal trim. I know that the "black" between the taillights is actually charcoal not black like the 83-84 cars, but I'm not sure if all the trim, like the trim around the windows/windshield and the door handles should also be charcoal or if it should be black. How can I find out the proper paint code (PPG or whatever) for either the charcoal or the black.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Trim codes are on the door tag. Perhaps it is there.

When I "restored" my 84, I did what I wanted. Instead of flat black, I went with satin. A major improvement IMHO.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I used Satin on my 85 which is also white, that is the way to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my ex-wife's car and she wants it to look "exactly like the day we bought it". Great. This is why I'm trying to find out these paint colors...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Heres a correct paint number for the Charcoal trim your looking for. It's a SEM Products paint number 39153, Charcoal. and yes all your trim is Charcoal just like the balck trim is on the 1983-84 Mustangs.

you can get the SEM paint at any of your local auto paint and body supplier. or you can check SEM Procducts at www.semproducts.com before you buy.
I have used SEM's charcoal paint before with great results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts