Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 80mm MAF (for a Lightning), how well will this work on a Stock 93 Cobra Engine ??

What size is Stock for an 89 5.0 anyways ??

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
89 5.0 would be 55mm. I doubt that 80mm is going to work with the Cobra computer , but I might be wrong. People on here suggest the Pro M 77mm.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it still has the OEM 89 5.0 EEC. Not sure yet...

The 80mm MAF is OEM for Lightning ??

How well will this work on my 89 5.0 ??

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Stay away from the c&L 80mm. I ran one on my car for almost 2 years worked fine with all my mods til I added A holley systemax. I talked to the techs at vortech and D&D motorsports they said the 5.0 didn't flow enough air for the 80mm and it was designed for the 4.6s. My car ran better with the Mass air unhooked. I got my Pro-m yesterday and boy what a difference.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Samshady said:
I talked to the techs at vortech and D&D motorsports they said the 5.0 didn't flow enough air for the 80mm and it was designed for the 4.6s. My car ran better with the Mass air unhooked. I got my Pro-m yesterday and boy what a difference.
Hmm... :confused:

Yea, this 80mm MAF is off my 93 Crown Vic w/4.6. It's actually a MAF designed for a Lightning.

Would I be better off selling this MAF and buying another size or what ??

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Samshady said:
Stay away from the c&L 80mm. I ran one on my car for almost 2 years worked fine with all my mods til I added A holley systemax. I talked to the techs at vortech and D&D motorsports they said the 5.0 didn't flow enough air for the 80mm and it was designed for the 4.6s.
A little off topic but the C&L 80MM is for 4.6's like you said or blown 5.0's. I have one on mine and it works quite well.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
you will hear good and bad about both

i am a big fan of pro-m but i guess there is not one super vendor out there. good luck. and the hawk definitely knows his stuff ;).. hope this helps friend.
-troy
p.s. i am from ohio to! how does it feel to be in me? lol. j/k from canton massillon myself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts