Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently purchased a intake manifold from him on here paying 185 for him to ship it to me. During the first messaged he was replying back without a problem, soon as i paid the man he delayed in replying back to me when i would ask if he has shipped the item yet….

I paid the man on 4/24/14 the full amount.

"Hi I just got home and see you sent payment for the intake.Ok its already boxed I have to take it over to the post office.Iwork third shift.If I don't get it out today I will bring it to work and ship out in the morning.Enjoy it !!!I will send you some tracking numbers once I get em."

from 80COBRA302

On 5/9/14 he sent this to me when i asked him for tracking information

"Hello Sorry TERRIBLE at checking and READING emails.Yes yes sorry.I was'nt trying to scare you.It is on its way to you.I hope you get some use out of it.Numbers I do have some,Ineed to grab them.This does sound like a case book scam but I swear your good. Thanks"
From 80COBRA302

giving him the benefit of the doubt he still provided no tracking number or intake manifold with the next week to come.

I then contacted him and gave him an ultimatum on 5/11 that if he didn't come up with the shipping info or any info i would contact paypal. he didn't reply till i contacted paypal heres what was stated.

Seller states that he has shipped the item on the 29th but has not provided any tracking numbers like he has stated he would. I've written him on several different occasions and he does not respond to my emails.

From Seller - Gary Teribery5/14/2014 04:57 PDT
I NEVER said I shipped it on the 29th.Paypal did this when I printed shipping label. Please don't lie! I kinda expected buyer to do this .Item did not ship until 5/8/2014. I used UPS. I am calling UPS now to put a hold on delivery.I will not loose my intake and the money.Sorry Mr. Montgomery but just take your money and if I can't stop the delivery,I would expect you to decline its delivery. Again please refund buyer pending call to UPS. You contacted ME about the intake.I am sorry it did not ship quik enough for you.I have been very busy and had no time to handle this.I didnt update for sale add on purpose because I knew shipping would be slow to get done.

From Buyer - Richard Montgomery5/14/2014 11:01 PDT
I'm sorry I thought thats when you have shipped it because that what it said on paypal. If you sent it I would still like the purchase the item. You just need to stay in contact with me. It shouldn't take actions like this to get ahold of you. You would feel the same way I would if you already purchased an item from a buyer and they haven't provided any proof that they have shipped then item and it has been over two weeks since I shipped the item.

From Buyer - Richard Montgomery5/19/2014 14:23 PDT
Can you just refund my money please. Thank you.

THis was his last message to me on here 5/21/14

"Ok UPS has just returned the intake.$40 to stop ship.!!What a rip off.I have fowarded a message to paypal to refund your money.I would say sorry but I was not the im patient one.I am sorry I dragged ass shipping it.Lesson learned"

I still haven't received my refund. or the intake manifold. And i have to wait till the 30th to escalate it should i just wait?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Call them, i have always had to wait the amount of time they said, but if he cannot prove that he shipped the item at all then they will for sure refund you. So long as he has the money in his account.

But if you call them and explain the situation and the proof you have they might be able to refund you quicker.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Did you pay with a credit card through paypal? If so contact your credit card company and dispute the charges as product not received.

Several years ago I had pretty much the same issue. Bought an intake off the classifieds and the guy just wouldn't ship it. Got all the excuses, out of town on work, girlfriend supposed to ship but forgot, family illness, etc. Paypal wanted me to try to work with the seller but when it became obvious that the seller had no intention of working with me I contacted my credit card company and disputed the charges. And surprise, surprise, surprise I had the intake in my hand 4 days later.

Moral of the story always, always, always use a credit card to purchase anything through paypal unless you know the seller personally. It will not guarantee that you won't get scammed but at least you will have some extra muscle behind you if you do have problems.

Hope you get your intake or your money back

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
So i recently purchased a intake manifold from him on here paying 185 for him to ship it to me. During the first messaged he was replying back without a problem, soon as i paid the man he delayed in replying back to me when i would ask if he has shipped the item yet….

I paid the man on 4/24/14 the full amount.

"Hi I just got home and see you sent payment for the intake.Ok its already boxed I have to take it over to the post office.Iwork third shift.If I don't get it out today I will bring it to work and ship out in the morning.Enjoy it !!!I will send you some tracking numbers once I get em."

from 80COBRA302

On 5/9/14 he sent this to me when i asked him for tracking information

"Hello Sorry TERRIBLE at checking and READING emails.Yes yes sorry.I was'nt trying to scare you.It is on its way to you.I hope you get some use out of it.Numbers I do have some,Ineed to grab them.This does sound like a case book scam but I swear your good. Thanks"
From 80COBRA302

giving him the benefit of the doubt he still provided no tracking number or intake manifold with the next week to come.

I then contacted him and gave him an ultimatum on 5/11 that if he didn't come up with the shipping info or any info i would contact paypal. he didn't reply till i contacted paypal heres what was stated.

Seller states that he has shipped the item on the 29th but has not provided any tracking numbers like he has stated he would. I've written him on several different occasions and he does not respond to my emails.

From Seller - Gary Teribery5/14/2014 04:57 PDT
I NEVER said I shipped it on the 29th.Paypal did this when I printed shipping label. Please don't lie! I kinda expected buyer to do this .Item did not ship until 5/8/2014. I used UPS. I am calling UPS now to put a hold on delivery.I will not loose my intake and the money.Sorry Mr. Montgomery but just take your money and if I can't stop the delivery,I would expect you to decline its delivery. Again please refund buyer pending call to UPS. You contacted ME about the intake.I am sorry it did not ship quik enough for you.I have been very busy and had no time to handle this.I didnt update for sale add on purpose because I knew shipping would be slow to get done.

From Buyer - Richard Montgomery5/14/2014 11:01 PDT
I'm sorry I thought thats when you have shipped it because that what it said on paypal. If you sent it I would still like the purchase the item. You just need to stay in contact with me. It shouldn't take actions like this to get ahold of you. You would feel the same way I would if you already purchased an item from a buyer and they haven't provided any proof that they have shipped then item and it has been over two weeks since I shipped the item.

From Buyer - Richard Montgomery5/19/2014 14:23 PDT
Can you just refund my money please. Thank you.

THis was his last message to me on here 5/21/14

"Ok UPS has just returned the intake.$40 to stop ship.!!What a rip off.I have fowarded a message to paypal to refund your money.I would say sorry but I was not the im patient one.I am sorry I dragged ass shipping it.Lesson learned"

I still haven't received my refund. or the intake manifold. And i have to wait till the 30th to escalate it should i just wait?
All I needed to see was the name "Teribery". These ####ing cornholers are the traveling carnies of the mustang world. When I get back to my desk next week I'll see if I still have any of the contact info I have for these a-holes. Meanwhile, take it up with their local PD.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/lounge/1407771-forum-scammer.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still waiting

I'm basically just stuck at the point were I'm just going to have to wait it out until the 30th and then escalate the issue to Paypal.

It just sucks that their are people out there who do this to people. I gave him more then enough chances and gave him the benefit of the doubt on the situation but he's just plain ignoring my emails now and when he does write me back he tries to make the problem seem like its my fault because I rushed him on shipping the item…. Who in their right mind would actually wait more then 2 weeks on and item to be shipped to them after they already paid for the item?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got off the phone with Paypal and he has 10 days to send the part, provide tracking numbers or refund my money. Either way I'll receive my money back. He just wrote me and email earlier today saying he has already contacted Paypal about refunding me the money three or four days ago, but when I talked to the agent, she said otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
Hopefully they put a hold on his account before he took the money out of it, otherwise all you have is an empty promise.

BTW I'm not kidding about this family, "thief" is part of their DNA. Please post or PM any and all contact info you have for this loser.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Sent this guy my 500$ DFI set up. told me it doesn't work but would still ship a third of what the deal was (made a trade for a custom cam lifters and electric waterpump.) well he said it doesn't work so he said hed send out the waterpump which im still ok with. its whatever....that was a week ago. no package and now I cant even message him since hes banned...so thanks for banning him and erasing all possible contact I have with the guy.

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
LOL...talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Here's the email address from his profile, try him there.

[email protected]

BTW I'm pretty sure there is no such person as "Gary" Teribery. I'm pretty sure this is the cornholer ripoff artist Guy Teribery.

·
Registered
509 Posts
LOL...talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Here's the email address from his profile, try him there.

[email protected]

BTW I'm pretty sure there is no such person as "Gary" Teribery. I'm pretty sure this is the cornholer ripoff artist Guy Teribery.
This ^

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Did you pay with a credit card through paypal? If so contact your credit card company and dispute the charges as product not received.

Several years ago I had pretty much the same issue. Bought an intake off the classifieds and the guy just wouldn't ship it. Got all the excuses, out of town on work, girlfriend supposed to ship but forgot, family illness, etc. Paypal wanted me to try to work with the seller but when it became obvious that the seller had no intention of working with me I contacted my credit card company and disputed the charges. And surprise, surprise, surprise I had the intake in my hand 4 days later.

Moral of the story always, always, always use a credit card to purchase anything through paypal unless you know the seller personally. It will not guarantee that you won't get scammed but at least you will have some extra muscle behind you if you do have problems.

Hope you get your intake or your money back
Nothing to add, but to anyone reading this that doesn't know already, the above advice simply can NOT be overstated, and really goes for anything online period (and of course local stuff too). Also unless you know the person, never send money as a gift - just pay the fee to send money and write it off as insurance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts