Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching for post 2010 OHC Ford V6 (3.5. 3.7...) builds that are well into the upper 100's.

I didn't find much aftermarket parts for the 3.5 ecoboost (just checked Summit, that's all...). Aftermarket JE pistons, but no rods.

Read about the Roush/ Yates 1000Hp race engine and they mentioned new rods + pistons in one of the articles. However; no mention of standard crank/ Block or not.

Myself am building V6 but mostly V8's (N/A) but work on this for my pal who needs a smaller package high Hp turbo engine and wants to stay With a Ford Power plant.....

Anyone ????

Thought I'f post here and not in the V6 forum, as it has little traffic.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Manley have rods, and Diamond has pistons. 9:1 compression and 3.7 litres. A bit of boost should do it. May be the heads need porting, maybe a custom intake is needed?

·
Registered
498 Posts
What vehicle is it going into. I don't know if it qualifies as "small package" but the Aussie Ford Barra is capable of some big HP numbers.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes; tha Aussie Barra straight six is great- in more than one sense.... Too Heavy, too bulky, too long. Has to be a V6, due to packaging. Going into a home- built racer. 60's european Ford w/ custom floorpan/ suspension from a Japanese sportscar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts