Ford Mustang Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Dean Scheidt
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Excellent work Dean. You are going into the 10.8x range this fall. That Ultimate converter is impressive!!!!!
I was looking through this old thread and wanted to say that you were absolutely correct. I had a few passes in the 10.8's (10.86, 10.84, 10.83 and 10.82) during Ford Fever at MIR last fall.

·
Dean Scheidt
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Is there a update to the combo I haven't read about? Or is the a 250 shot on it now?
Dart 363 and changing upper intake from long runner TFS-R to the Box-R on the same ported lower. Other minor changes are 11.2 compression and Comp Cams short-travel lifters. And a new custom cam to tie it all together.

9.80's ..... not happening N/A.

But I hope to be solidly in the 10's no matter how bad the air is and maybe run 10.50's in the cool fall air.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'd love to see it happen. But that trans and weight is gonna make it tough to do on muscle.

·
Dean Scheidt
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Did you click the word "This" in my previous comment? ;)

·
Registered
629 Posts
No, but I just did. Yeah, you should have no problems with a 9 second slip then. Just curious, why not build a Windsor?

·
Dean Scheidt
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

·
Registered
44 Posts
so how is the new build going? Any updates?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I talked with Lenny yesterday and he is super busy right now. He will get back to you.

I have always had 8" with my 302, 408, 418 and 454. Street driving is no problem.

The 8" vs 9.5" will be faster with the same stall due to the reduced rotating weight and more efficient.

Tim
True, street driving is no problem with an 8" converter that is built for the combo. I've been driving with my 5400 rpm 8" converter on the street for years now. Granted it is too tight for my engine for optimum performance but none the less it's never been a problem on the street. It runs no hotter than 180 deg and is very drivable.

·
Dean Scheidt
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
so how is the new build going? Any updates?
I haven't said much because I wanted to get to the track before reporting anything, but ..... the new engine has been running for about 3 weeks now. The car is at the body shop this week getting the new hood painted and installed. It's supposed to be ready tomorrow.

The new engine is running great. So far (fingers crossed I'm not jinxing it) the car is running better than it has in several years. It's running better than it did with my stock block 302 combo I had before the 347 and much better than the 347. It starts right up cold or hot and idles perfectly. It drives great even with the big cam although the 5,700 stall converter has a lot to do with that. I think the great startup and idle along with street driving has a lot to do with the SCT BA-3000 meter and Willie's tune (dirtydirtyracing).

The 8" UCC converter was flashing to about 5,400 under load with 347. It's now flashing to about 5,700 under load with the 363. I wish it was about 500 rpms lower but I won't have it changed until after I take it to the track which will be June 14 for True Street during Fun Ford Weekend at VMP.

The only remaining issue is that the power falls off a cliff at 6,800 rpm. My crystal modded pcm died while trying to tune it. It is off getting repaired and hopefully it will get the car to make power beyond 6,800 rpm.

The new 363 combo did make 435 rwhp and 372 rwtq which is a gain of 54 rwhp and 22 rwtq over the 347 combo. I expect it will be higher than that when we get the crystal modded pcm working and I tighten the converter to 5,200 rpm.

Dean

61 - 76 of 76 Posts