Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who out there has done a 8 rib drive swap using truck drive pulleys.

I just ordered a F-2M ProCharger for my new motor, and would like to keep the AC/PS/PB on my car.

Yes she is a Dyno Queen, but still a street car. We are looking for around 800HP+ yet fully streetable, Leather, stereo, ect.

The car is being built for Pure Supra Hunting. So help a fellow 4.6'er out.

I need to know who has done this, and what parts they used.

I know I could use the cog drive set up like a few people have done. ATI (ProCharger) wants me to go with a Cog Set up. Though i am confident that a 8 rib with good belt wrap will, be able to hold.

Thank you for any help in advanced. It is GREATLY appreciated.

EA

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Somone out there has got to be running in the 800HP range.

EA

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well I can't really help you but I can't wait to see what you say about that F2 on the street. My goal is the same as yours. 800 hp on the street. I dont know if its gonna happen on the setup I am working on or not but. Of course I wouldnt have it pulleyed for max hp everyday. Anyways keep me posted on how it goes and what you find out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
8 rib

F150 Ford Lightning pulleys fit the Cobra..8 rib system..need to order the blower pulley seperately...should run about $450 plus labor. Alittle grinding on the alternator..very minute to allow the blower lpulley to spin freely...suppose it depends on your blower set up. Mine is aVortech pulling 14 lbs. boost...Works great and a lot less slippage.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Heads up. I will be doing it all myself, but just wanted to see if anyone knew right off the bat so I wouldnt' have to do a trial and error set up.

I'm not going with a F-2
I'm going with the F-2M
F-2M is more set up for smaller motors, using a cut down impeller. 2250CFM vs. the F-2's 2700CFM. The F-2 would be in compressor surge untill like 5,000 rpm, and never stand a chance to be streetable. Plus the F-2M has a higher spin rate, 68,000rpm so it's more inclined to be used with the MOD MOTOR rpm band.

Should be a fun set up... the FAST is here, the 83's are here, and the pistons are on their way :) Plus all the other goodies. I got Jim Summers ( former ASSC driver) on hand to do all the tunning.

Thanks alot guys.

EA

·
Registered
455 Posts
You need to call Randy Stinchomb at universal ford in MD. He hooked me up with what i needed. (410) 655-2001 Ext.404
The Crank, alternetor, PS, waterpump pullies come from the truck. What i did for the tensioner and the idler was buy 2 tensioners for a 97 (or so, maybe 98) F-150 and just take the pullies off and use them. The truck Idler is 3.5" and wont fit where your Idler goes because your is 3". The tensioner pulley is 3" too. I just took the pulleys off and didnt use the truck tensioner assembly. These 2 pulleys will bolt right up. Might need to shave the edge of the pulley that you use for your tensioner arm, also, put a small washer behind to space away from the arm(You will understand when you look at it) Make sure you buy a new clutch for the AC compressor to match the new pulley. It will be a pain spacing everything out and getting it lined up, but will be worth it in the end.
Post and let us know how its going when you do it.

Steve

·
Registered
168 Posts
I second what Steve just said.
I did the exact same thing with the pullies.You end up with two extra tensioner arms but oh well.
While your at it be sure and swap to the new steel tensioner.
Take your time and triple check the alignment of the pullies.Belts aren't cheap and I shredded a couple before I got it perfect.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot guys.... i knew it wouldn't be that hard. Just noone where I live has done anything close to this out in KC.

Should be alot of fun, durable, and streetable. Like i said before Jim Summers owes me some favors, and will be doing the tunning. One map for pump gas, and another for race gas.

I am working on getting started on a website for it, dyno numbers, vids ect.

The car is a complete sleeper from the outside. No pillar guages, no fancy wheels, not ever lowered, no tint, NOTHING. I tried my best to hide the intercooler up front. By covering the sheetmetal end tanks with a thick peice of black rubber. (looks like a stock air deflector) And the sumped tank has black braided AN Line, comming out of the factory stock tank belly pan.

I will do a step by step write up, with all parts used... that that anyone that is intrested can so the same set up. Both with this D1-SC, and then the F-2M.

(NOTE: this D1-SC is still on stock compression, making the 570RWHP)

Thanks again for everyones Help, and PM's Hope to see you all around
EA

·
Registered
622 Posts
Anyone have a list of the part numbers for this? I'm building from scratch but I already have a compressor, and power steering pump with 6 rib pulleys.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Call randy stinhomb at Universal Ford in Baltimore, MD. His # is (410)655-2001. He is in the parts dept.
And then refer to my previous post for better details.

Steve

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well, I have a GOOD local hook up , but I appreciate the advice. I'm just trying to cut down on having the guy look up all the parts for me like usual. ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
You could also check out Steeda. They sell an 8 rib conversion for the Vortech but don't see why it would not work (except for the blower pulley) for the Procharger. It sells for $559.95. If you ask them they would probably take out the blower pulley and give you some money back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts