Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Corral Charter Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Matt Wirt here in Chesapeake recently finished the 8-pt rollbar for my Cobra. I resisted doing it for a long time, but I can't run NMRA F/S this year without it (and the car WILL go 11's in F/S trim if it gets any traction at all), and I'm tired of getting kicked off the track on T&T nights. :)

Picture quality is rather poor- sorry, my camera is very old. The bar is chrome-moly, and all total weighs in ~50 lbs. Both side bars are removeable swing-outs. The extra two points run from the main hoop down to the torque box area. I still need to put a good coat of paint on it (PITA).

·
Formerly known as BigLredlx
1,297 Posts
:eek: Looks good. As a reference point, what would mild steel have cost?

Lorne

·
Registered
479 Posts
very nice!

·
Corral Charter Member
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know, as I never considered mild steel (wanted as little weight as possible). I could have gotten a cheaper bar, but Matt Wirt is well known for his excellent work.

·
Registered
234 Posts
BigLredlx,
I was considering an 8pt mild steel cage with through the floor frame connectors, I was given a price of $700.oo. But then I sold the car and bought a body in white. Now my 10 pt crome moly cage with through the floor frame connectors, window net and parachute mount will set me back 2 grand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts