Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I have a question regarding the belt length and fitment around the water pump pulley at the fan clutch mounting area. This past weekend I helped to install on my buddy's 1992 Convertible with A-Trim this pulley and had to use a 58.2 5-ribbed belt. Currently on the A-Trim is the stock 6-rib 3.33 pulley. The 5-rib belt is working but looking for a 6-rib belt for now. Also the biggest problem was that with this setup there is very little clearence for the belt by the waterpump pulley were the fan bolts on, is this normal. Thanking everyone in advance for any help and taking time to look at this post.

Jeff Cardwell
www.ThunderValleyMustangs.com

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I don't remember the belt length, but most people have to use the 93 Cobra water pump pulley (which is smaller)...Someone will have the part number, or you can try doing a SEARCH for the number...

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
If your using an 8" crank pulley you MUST use the TINY 93 cobra waterpump pulley.No getting around it. I use the 8" Crank and 3.33" blower pulleys and the blower belt just Barely misses the bolts holding the waterpump pulley on now even with the smaller pulley.It works and works Great..Im using a 57.5" blowerbelt with these 2 pulleys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts