• No, you will lose too much HP

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I put my stock Throttle body back in my car? Im having a hell of a time with surging and sticking idle with my 75mm BBK POS Tbody. Keep in mind I have around 410rwhp(11# pulley upgrade, and some other stuff since dyno). Would going back to stock hurt my hp?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Sounds like more of tuning issue than a TB problem. I dont see your problems going away by installing a stock TB, keep the 75mm.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree. It sounds like a tuning issue. Get it on a dyno and get it tuned, I know it's not cheap but the car will run right when it's finished.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
n2o92LX said:
I agree. It sounds like a tuning issue. Get it on a dyno and get it tuned, I know it's not cheap but the car will run right when it's finished.
been there, done that... I figured putting back the stocker would be better since BBK makes a crap Tbody. I mean for ****s sake, the shaft was spinning in the linkage before I welded it(that was throwing off the TPS voltage pretty bad). I was reading thru a couple of posts stating that there isnt much of a benefit anyway going that big.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would personally put the stock throttle body on it and see how it runs. If the problem suddenly goes away, I'd look for another brand of aftermarket TB (possibly FRPP). If the problem stays, then I'd keep the one you've got and look elsewhere for the root of the problem.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
BBK/Edelbrock tbs are junk. Get an Accufab and you'll be much happier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts