Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a totally stock engine and am gonna be picking up a C&L M.A.F.. (I do have gears/fullexhaust/pulleys/cai)I am wondering if getting the 76mm over the 73mm will be worth it? My plan is to do heads/intake/cam later on. But will the 3mm difference be worth the couple of extra bucks?
Thanks
Colin

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts
NEITHER, get a Pro-M 75mm bullet IMHO the C&L meters are crap

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have had zero problems with my 76mm C&L

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I have heard mixed stories on both meters. Both have their disadvantages and both have their advantages, so..... Just go with whatever you feel more comfortable with.

Kyle

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like C&L too for the options. I have been pondering the same thing. Does 3mm really make a difference? If so is it that dramatic? I'm leaning toward a 76mm unit.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have good luck with my 76mm C&L. No problems

tyler

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a C&L 76 meter with trueflow pipe for sale...

Comes with both 24lb and 30lb sample tubes..

Looks new...Worked fine for me...I went with an anderson 4' power pipe with a pro-m shorty...

Wanting $160.00 shipped....

I had it for sale a couple of weeks ago....I'll try and find the link..It has a pic included...

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
you can send your pro-m off to have it calibrated for larger injectors. I dont like the C&l's I had an 80mm and borrowed a friends 76 the pro-m 75 ran much better than either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the C&L 76mm.Bought it calibrated for 19lb injectors and then switched the sampling tubes when I went to 24lbs.No problems.:joy:

·
Registered
227 Posts
hey guys with the C&L....do you have a CAI? i've heard people having problems with fenderwell CAI and that's what i have. very soon i'm going to do the heads and all and need to decide what MAF to use. i'm really thinking about selling my CAI and using the stock airbox w/o the silencer and a 76mm MAF. anyone running this type of setup? having any problems?

thanks
steve

·
Registered
97 Posts
I run the 73mm maf with my mac cai. No problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
31 Posts
C&L has always been rumored to slack in a precision aspect whereas pro-m has been praised for many moons to be the better MAF supplier. If you had plans to go for a h/c/i combo in the future than the 3mm are definently worth the extra dough. Although if you had plans for use of a power adder than I might even consider pro-m's 80mm depending on the combo and the power adder. If you were just gonna stay n/a then 80 would be overkill and then I would either advise a pro-m 75mm or 77mm. I'm a pro-m guy FWIW.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I went from a 73 c&l to a 75 pro m. I could tell a difference. My car also ran richer with the c&l. Also you can send in your pro m and have it recalibrated for bigger injectors for not much. But as far as getting the 76, I'd spend the extra bucks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts