Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 351w with a lunati cam... specs are 232/242 544/560 112lca. idles around 8-900. only seeing 6in hg of vacuum. should it be pulling more?

thanks
sam

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
That sounds low to me, i think engines with stock cams pull around 15-20 inches at idle or so. Might want to check for leaks

·
Registered
565 Posts
well my car with the F303 pulls 15 inches at 1000 rpm....I'm thinking that your car should at least make 10-11 inches at 900 rpm

sounds like a leak to me

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was hoping it wouldn't be a leak cause i've gone through the lines a few times. anyone around here maybe running the same cam? it's a lot bigger than the stock and f303 so i don't want to assume it's a leak just yet. thanks for the input though. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
You know....I got really low numbers on my turbo car as well. F303 cam, I only see about 8-9 at idle (850rpm or so). i thought it was leaks, this and that etc... but nothin'

Sarting to wonder if it could be related to altitude as well like boost is....

Toma

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey toma! how are the cars coming? how about the tweecer? working well for you? i'm just waiting for the next batch of tweecers to be shipped and i will have my RT.

as for the vacuum issue personally i think it's either a leak or it's the cam. i'm leaning more towards the cam. i know when i was running the f303 in my 302 the brakes felt fine. but with this set up the brakes are just terrible!! unbelievably so! and because of the drastic change from f303 to this i would think it's not just a low reading from altitude?

and since we're on the subject of brakes... let's say it is the cam. what can i do to help with brake feel? a pump and vacuum canister of some sort maybe??

thanks
sam

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah, a canister with a one way valve direct to your brakes....

During cruise and decel, your vacumm will be much higher, and the canister would hold this vacuum (one way valve) till your brakes needed it...

Cars....nothin doin' right now. Turbo car slowed to 117mph (I have at least one fouled plug but no time ;) ), and the Tremec is screwed (will not shift worth a dang).

Check your PM ...

Toma

·
Registered
433 Posts
My 306 has a 574/591 lift and 236/247 duration cam. Idles a little over 1000 and pulls between 8-10".

After the car runs for a few minutes my brakes are fine.

Chad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts