Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car has gasket matched WP Windsor Sr. heads on it right now. They were completely redone this winter and have 0 miles on them. I was offered a set of 69 casting 351w heads for a great price. They have all new valves and are race ported. Which head is going to give me the best results on my car? I am planning to step up to a 347 next year, so these heads would also have to be good for that as well. TIA

·
Registered
729 Posts
It's hard to give a definitive answer without knowing flow numbers and port volumes for each head and all the specs of the next motor (347). But off the top of my head..........use the Sr's.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It depends on the porting, but 351w is lowpo GT-40 head. The seniors have huge port volume of like 197cc on the intake if I remember. Good blower head.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Not just a good blower head. w/ that port volume, and decent flow (considering they're not great out-of-the-box) they can work extremely well on a 350'ish cubic inch naturally aspirated motor.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great thanks alot!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
the sr's have more room to grow....early 351w heads often fall flat around 230-240cfm on the intake where the sr can get 285ish with a good port job

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
go with the Sr's with the 347 it will provide more room for growth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts