Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have experience with Edelbrock 6037's? Can I use a Crane/Cobra 1.7's and a B303 without clearance problems? Also I bought a B303 without looking closely and later found that one lobe (2nd from the front) has a visable wear mark the same diameter as the bottom lifter roller. It mic's up at 5 thousanths deep. Is this cam shot? Im not so much worried in the decrease in lift (maybe I should be) as I am the possibility of it wrecking a lifter or cascading into some other kind of failure. Also, is the cam trade even worth it with this combination of parts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I use the Crane 1.7s on my 6037s with the Crane 2031 cam. I have .513/.529 lift. You should be fine with the B303. I got my heads used, not sure how old they are. I did find out the springs were worn so I had to get new ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the lobe wear? I thought I was getting a good deal until I looked closer and found the wear mark. Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The cam is junk. If you can feel the wear with you finger nail, or in your case measure it, don't use it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I dont know about the cam.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
The lift numbers with a B303 will be fine with those heads. I run a Crower 15512 with 1.7"s and 6037's no problem. I have .527" and .544" lift with the Crower. As far the cam you have, I wouldn't use it if it has wear. Factory wear limits are usually about .005" on a flat tappet cam. On a roller cam if you can see it, it's bad, junk it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all..

This was my first buy on Corral. I paid $60 for the cam, a cheap lesson; But I plan on buying more. Any strategies for buying something sight unseen? A picture would have been useless in this case.

Excuse me while I find the guy who shafted me....

·
Registered
753 Posts
Stick with COD if you are worried

·
US Air Force Active Duty
362 Posts
93hatch said:
Stick with COD if you are worried
How does COD help? Around here you can`t have the package untill you give them (UPS or FED EX) the money. And they will not give the money back after you sign. This is one of the reasons I hate COD, plus it takes way too long for me to get my money.

I have bought and sold many parts over the years without any problems. It finally happened this year on a set of 24lb injectors, that were 19`s. And the TOOL lives only three hours away!!!!!!

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you sell COD make them use a money order.

My UPS guy knows me all to well from tons of trips to the house with parts. He lets me check stuff out real quick if I need to.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
270 Posts
You won't have any problems as long as it's installed right

I'm running that exact combo in my car. Good power and pretty lopey sounding idle. However, you will need another cam, that one's toast. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts