Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am brand new to the forum, and I just wanted to ask a pretty straight forward question. Although, the answer hopefully will be a little more detailed. I have a 2000 GT and I was wondering what it would take to attain about 600 hp? Is that too unrealistic of a goal for the 4.6 without dropping mega cash? If not what would it cost and what kinds of mods would I be looking at? Alright... sorry for the n00bish question but all the help is needed... we all had to start somewhere lol. thanks

·
Registered
722 Posts
1)Blower, turbo with alot of boost($3000-5000approx.)
2)Built bottom end, Cobra crank($5000approx.)
3)Ported heads(PI), cams, and Ported Bullit or aftermarket/custom intake($4000approx. plus)

I'd say yes, its far enough out there to drop some serious coin into. About $10,000 plus and I most likely am forgetting a lot. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the reply... yeah its something I want to do but thats def alot of dough.... any more comments? anyone with a setup already with 600??? Alright so whats a more realistic goal without dropping mega bucks?

·
Registered
722 Posts
2000 GT? I'd say 400-430rwhp. Cross your fingers with that stock block. That number is attained by many a people on here with your car. Thats basically a Blower or Turbo of your choice and a good tune.

·
Registered
468 Posts
its gonna take a lot of money to get that kinda power!! but here ya go.....
check out DSS or Sean Hyland motorsports for there forged shortblocks($3200), get your heads ported & polished($500-$2000), depending on how you want them to flow), Bullit intake ported and polished to match the heads($1500 for everything give or take a few $100), single blade throttle body($$$not sure)(accufab is good), return style fuel system with anykind of pumps(over $1000)(not sure what kind, there are many opinions on this topic), tank w/sump($$$not sure), steeda hi-flow fuel rails($149 i think), 55# injecotrs($200-$450, new or used), paxton Novi2000 supercharger($3200) with a 3.00" pulley($100), power pipe($150-250, new or used), JMS chip($200), diablo chip($$$?) or the tweecer($300) for tuning, Mass air($150-$300), and a good freaking tune(big money depending on who does it)!!!
but that is a little something of what you would have to look forward to buying!! good luck!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
YOu want 600 rwhp or 600 crank.
Im about 560 crank now but i hav a lot left in her .

But its gonna take some cash out lay just for the power .ANd this is not counting the tranny ,rear or fuel setups required to get here.

·
Registered
468 Posts
aerospec172 said:
hey thanks for the reply... yeah its something I want to do but thats def alot of dough.... any more comments? anyone with a setup already with 600??? Alright so whats a more realistic goal without dropping mega bucks?
i know a guy who has over 600rwhp, the car has the same thing as whats in my sig except he has.... a return style fuel system, SVO ported & polished heads, ported & polished bullit intake, accufab throttle body, 20psi with a novi2000!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks

thanks guys for all the help... definitely some posts... looks like it is alittle out of my price range at the moment but maybe 450 is a good target for right now... :evil:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Also through in a new tranny and rear too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Get a nitrous kit

The nos brand kit#5116 is great you don't have to change anything except your plugs. It's made to work w/stock injectors and fuel pump i dynoed 387 rwhp 466rwtq.:joy: run's 12.2 @115 on radials and 3.27's only $700 for the kit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts