Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1960 Falcon Ranchero
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hay guys and gals, I’ve been reading this for a bit and thought it was time to do a little intro. I’m from Los Angeles born and raised. Loved cars since as far back as I could remember! I’m lucky enough to have held on to my first American car I got back in 97. It started as a bone stock 1960 Falcon Ranchero with a 144 straight six and two speed auto. Didn’t take to long to blow that poor little motor up! Put a 302 out of 69 Montego from a junkyard out in Long Beach and a T 5 out of a 80s mustang my pops and I found in the recycler section in the L.A. Times. Blew that thing up and started building a motor with the 69 block. Blair’s Speed Shop in Pasadena did the machine work and balancing for it and my pops and I put it together. I ended up back halfing the car to fit some 15x10s American Racing CP 200s with a triangulated four link. Eventually I got a World class T 5 from Hawaii Racing out in Simi Valley with a Lakewood bell housing from Blair’s. Right now it’s got 15x4s in front and 15x12s salt flat specials in the back, a narrowed 9 inch with a strange center section, Auburn limited slip and Strange axles with disk brakes all around. I gotta tear the motor apart due to metal shavings found in the oil pan! Evidently I over revved it and my Windsor Junior heads didn’t like it, causing the valve springs to crack the lips on the spring pockets. Thinking I might go for some AFR 185 heads with solid flat tappet lifters this time around. Oh well that’s the game we play! Looking forward to reading some good stuff! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Love those Falcons.....

Mine is getting full front / Rear Street or Track coilover, with 3-link / watts link rear suspension. Also putting in Detroit Speed mini tubs.

Cloud Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts