Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
would somebody explain to me the differences between the fuel injectors #'s, ie. 55#, 24#, 42#, 19#, 150#.

Thnx in advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the # is the Pounds per Hour that the injector will flow.

When you tune a motor, you do not want the injector to be running at over 80% of duty cycle (average, value, no need to get technical)

To solve the problem needing more fuel than the current injectors will support you can either:

A: raise the fuel pressure to compensate, using a FMU which will raise fuel pressure 6, 8, 10, 12 # for every pound of boost. (this is a bandaid setup)

B: Or the proper way, and install larger injectors, and retune the car for them.

Ryan.

·
Registered
87 Posts
so if I eventually want to get 450 hp (max) out of my car, turbocharged, I will need a better fuel pump (255 lph or so) and better fuel injectors. How do I go about calculating what fuel injectors I will need to support that much hp?

sorry for all the newb questions, I havent found a good source to look up this info yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
you want an injector that for your max estimated load, will be no more than 80% duty cycle (estimate)

19's will not get you 450 hp...

42's might, im not sure. you need to find somebody who is more familiar with the setup your planning.

On a LS1, the 42's are good for a lot more, as we run 58 psi static fuel pressure, when the stangs are like 39 vacuum referenced.

But you do not want to go too large, that will lead to drivability problems.

Ryan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts