Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was going to get some of these for my 91 but I just heard that they might have stopped making them because they were going bad after a short term?? Does anyone have any input on this? If this is true then how are the 50's working out for most people?

I have done some searching and it looks like anything over 42#'s in high impedance is crap. I guess the thing to do would be some 72 or 83's in low impedance along with an injector driver. Does anyone know where to get a cheap injector driver for the stock EEC-IV? I also heard when you run a huge injector and MAF like this you lose some low end resolution on the meter and you also have to run a MAFturburner or some such thing. Does anyone have any real world experience with this stuff?
SEems like it would be cheaper to just buy a FAST or AEM...

Thanks,

Trent

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
50's work fine so far, but i have to install my 72's with low imp driver for PMS.
I also have a 80mm cal'd for 72's. Error in flow sheet is high at low flow but less than a lot of others i saw.

Ill post my results when all the work is done.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Alan Kennedy is one who really pushed SD into the 55s. AT one time he was the sole distributer of the 55s. He and I are good friends and I haven't heard of any trouble out of them. 55s are probably the limit on high impedance, but I haven't heard of any burning out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Can you tell me were you heard this, I sell alot of these and have only had one complaint. On that one complaint, the injectors proved to be fine. They are going into Herman Stolzenberg's soon to be 9 Second 03 Cobra.

·
Registered
660 Posts
i run 50 lbs injectors. i believe they are made by delphi. i have had no problems with the injectorson my stock cammed s/c car. plenty of fuel delivery and good driveability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts