Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is building a TT 331. Can he use the stock MAF with 50 lb. injectors and a tweecer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes.

I don't have tweecer, but i have 50 pounders and a stock ecu and it works and with tweecer it will be even better cause you should be able to fix any hot start problems cause of the big injectors.

·
4,289 Posts
You can run 50s with a stock ECU, but the question was with a stock MAF. I'd think you could not because you would need to recalibrate the meter for the sized injectors, plus if it is a TT, seems it would not work since you need a blow thru meter. I'd get a Pro-M Univer and go from there.

·
Registered
802 Posts
5.0_George said:
Yes.

I don't have tweecer, but i have 50 pounders and a stock ecu and it works and with tweecer it will be even better cause you should be able to fix any hot start problems cause of the big injectors.
And your using that stock Mass air flow meter that came with the car and was calibrated for the 19 lb injectors originally?? I am getting varying stories if I can do it or not.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ok, So I called Pro-M and asked them what was up. I can purchase a 80 mm MAF through them and they will recalibrate it for 50 lb injectors and my car's setup. Then on top of that if I get a tweecer or MAFtuner I can tweek on it some more and make it even better depending on where in the fuel curve there are problems. What do you think, will this work??

·
Registered
802 Posts
not the stock housing, just the stock meter itself. thats what i meant. i am probably gonna go the pro-m route.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Definately not the stock housing. I know that the stock MAF meter on the sn95's is 55 mm. Can only flow somewhere around 500 cfm I believe. I max the meter out with my t64 at 7lbs of boost. It is not designed to register above a certain cfm (voltage goes out of range according to my stock ECU engine code) and therefore you'd be starving your turbo for air. So definately go with a pro-m, no doubt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry for not leaving all the proper info

The stock maf wont cut it for sure, i have a 75mm maf calibrated for my 50's
and even if you did recal the stock maf, you can only push it so far.

if i remember correctly stock mafs voltage max's out if you push it to 36lbs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
when will you people learn that stock MAF's aren't "calibrated" to a particular injector size? Aftermarket MAF's that are "calibrated" to a particular injector size for a particular PCM are done so to avoid re-programming the computer by simple scaling of the MAF's real transfer function by the same percent difference as between the original injector size to the new injector size.

if i remember correctly stock mafs voltage max's out if you push it to 36lbs.
Where the stock maf hits peak voltage is unrelated to injector size, it is completely and solely related to the transfer function of the MAF and the mass of air flowing through it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
ok then rara, at what cfm of airflow does the stock MAF max out or at what voltage does it max out?? everyone is here to learn, no need to get huffy!!!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i know i pegged my stock 94 GT maf at 5v- 900 somthing KG/hr @ 4500RPMs.. i was making around 320RWHP then, this was with a vortech blower, on a stock 94 5.0

1 - 13 of 13 Posts