Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See sig for mods. I had the car dynoed last month, and in order to get the numbers in sig, the tuner had to advance my FP to 50 PSI at idle. I told him that seemed way high, and he said that the C&L Mass air meter was the culprit. He suggested that i switch to a Pro M. Anyone else heard of this??

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
No, that's really not that high. It just means you were running roughly 10% leaner than ideal. A Pro-M might help, or better yet some tuning aid like a Tweecer or EECtuner.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Billy. I also have been noticing that i have a hard time getting fuel into the tank. Is there a vent that may be clogged?

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Bill-

It's entirely possible you have SOME sort of problem. What do you mena by you have a hard time getting fuel in the tank? Gas splashes out when you try to fill it? There isn't a vent for the tank except through the cap and a small line to the carbon canister. Also keep in mind most fuel pressure gauges are ultra cheap pieces of crap that could easily be off 10% or so.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what I mean by having a hard time getting fuel in the tank is...you know how when you are toppong off the 01tank and it is full and the gas pump stops (clicks off)? My car does that same thing when empty. It probably takes me 10 min to fill it up. Good thing it is not my daily driver! SOmething is definatly going on. I am gonna put it on the lift, and pull the tank down to double check all the lines. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turned out to be the wrong sampling tube in my mass air, DAMN EBAY!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts