Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 lug axles in FRPP kit stronger then stock?

I'm about to pick up a set of FRPP 5 lug axles for my 89, but if they're no stronger then the stock axles, there seems no reason to buy them and I'll look for some aftermarket axles. I'm getting the Lincoln rotors up front and I already ordered my Welds.

I'm not putting down alot of HP now, but I'd like to beef up the rear to take the future power (nothing insane, probably 350 rwhp max) and/or the ability to run slicks. I'm about to pick up some gears and c-clip eliminators and I'll probably get the traction-lok rebuilt since it's going to be apart.

If anyone has advice, I'd appreciate it. I'd rather spend the money once and buy the right parts the first time :)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Yeah, my buddy has a few that he'd probably sell ya that are left over since he had to buy them over and over cause they kept snapping....I'd go with something aftermarket that can handle more power the first time rather then doing it over again...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are aftermarket axles as easy to swap in as the FRPPs? I know the FRPPs use the same hardware as factory.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and which axles would you guys reccomend?

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Mark Williams, Moser, Strange, etc.. Just don't be in a hurry, they always have a lengthy wait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts