Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. this is the 3rd day in a row i've been terminally late for class and work. It's kinda cold down here in Atlanta and i go out to my driveway in the morning and crank my 1988 mustang GT up and.....nothing but turning. i can NOT hear the buzzing of the fuel pump. so that would be it? bad fuel pump, right? i wait til the sun comes up and it warms up outside just a little and boom. car cranks up fine and i DO hear the buzzing sound of the fuel pump right before i crank the car up. what does that mean? my un-proffesional opinion would be that maybe the gasoline is thicker when it's REALLY cold outside and that thickness is too much strain on my (i'm supposing) faulty fuel pump. Do fuel pumps just go dead? do they fade out and then croak? is it a bad relay or something? i'm not sure. the car is a 1988 Mustang 5.0 GT Speed Density with a 5-speed daily driven. thanks so much in advance for all your answers. i'm not 2 hours late for work with no ride to get there so i figured i'd ask around on here.:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Yes, check the relay under the drivers seat. I've had a couple go out and those are the symptoms.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts