Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 91GT sitting ready for my 4.6 to be installed but I have a question or two. The things I know I need before dropping it in is a conversion K-member (which I have already) and a brake booster delte plate. everything else seems like it will be easy enough as far as getting it in the car. The question I have is about running the engine. I have the engine harness attached, and Mass Air meter. What would be involved in putting in the computer that goes with 4.6 engine and the rest of the harness? I mean, how much harness am I missing? I have everything back to the big plug in the right rear corner of the engine bay. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chad

·
Registered
552 Posts
There is another harness that connects to the computer from inside the vehicle. This harness connects the EEC to the engine as well as other components through the J1850PWM bus. I'm pretty sure that the EEC does not do HVAC stuff so that make things a lot less complex for you. I think Ford sells this EEC interior harness as a complete part. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts