Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I usually hang on the Mod forum, so I'm not too familiar with the goings on here. Anyone ever heard of or tried the swap in the title? Would be interesting, no?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
do a search on the web for "monster miata" some company makes a kit i think, and they call it monster miata......

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah, that company is or was located in Atlanta, Ga. They did some interesting things a few years ago. They should still be in business.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Well I'm building one myself... just as we speak/

Monster Motorsports is out of business. Panache, www.v8miata.com sells a kit now to do the swap. I just got my kit yesterday, and am prepping the 302. I've always been a ford man, and the Miata was great... once it had 15psi of turbo and a bunch of other mods to make 225rwhp. But I missed the rumble of the V8. Now I can have it all (if it starts up when I'm done!!)

The car weighs 2500 when finished, less with alum heads and lightweight starter.

Anyway I plan to add a KB Blower to it as well...

Chris

www.wickfordri.com

·
Registered
252 Posts
Cool, I am very interested in how your conversion works out, that was a very informative link. So many projects, so few dollars..........(sigh)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Monster Miata they will put in a stock V-8 up to a 400hp plus in a miata for you. But be prepaired to pay out the you know what.

·
Registered
535 Posts
A buddy and I are doing this out here in the desert. It is on the street but not tagge yet. California and their silly laws. He is registering it in his home state. He is running an x-cam 302, AFR-165 heads, T-bird IRS rear with 3:27's. Hopefully be on the street in about two weeks.

By the way, I am originally from Middletown, DE. You know, those farmers below the canal. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had same thoughts, which is why I built my Little monster :evilgrin:

There is a Co in San Marcos, CA that does the kits, they also called themselves Monster Miata .. they had mounts, headers and all..

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I sort of figured that I wasn't the first with this idea. Now, if I get an old enough Miata and a new enough 5.0 engine, think it'll pass emissions for street use?

·
Registered
14 Posts
There has been only one MONSTER MOTORSPORTS, and it was always located in Escondido California.

I visited there 3 years ago, and spent the day with the ex boss "john smith".
The parent company is called LaForza Industries, they manufactured high end sport utes called "LaForza's" and did the monster miatas on the side.

There were roughly 90 monster miata's manufactured over the years. I own number #5.
Monster is not doing conversions anymore. They are defunct, however they did produce a monster for last years automotive trade shows, so they may be still there....just not public.
The ex boss turned out to be a serial killer, no Im not kidding. He was on 48hours one evening. Turns out John Smith killed 3 of his ex wives and buried them in his brothers basement back in ohio. He has been extradited and is now in jail.

The company "panache" is martin, who was a mechanic at monster motorsports.

I bought an original monster miata because there are so few original Monster Motorsports built "Monster Miatas" and they hold their value quite well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts