Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the wife went to the lake and blew the 91 tbird up AGAIN! 3rd motor!OK so I am tired of swapping head blowing 3.8s into this thing! I have a line on a wrecked 93 5.0 tbird. Runs great good tranny 85K on the clock! Can pull any thing I want off the car for the swap for $400 from a local yard I deal with a lot! what I need to know how different is the wiring! I don't think its stand alone for the engine like mustangs? Just wondering if anyone else has tried this?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hey Carl!

ERIC (Owner of the Old Falcon Crest) here!

Cool seeing you here!

Not sure about your 3.8s wiring, but I would use the wiring from the 5.0 myself.

I'm certain the EEC is different. The sensors are most likely wired differently as well.

I'm picking up a 89 LX 5.0 Convertible in just a little while!

-ERIC

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Eric
I plan on using the 5.0 wiring! But I am not sure of Yet if is it stand alone harness or will i have to pull it out and graft the two harness togather. Also just picked up 89 vert but its a gt just finishing up a 4 wheel disc 5 lug swap! Been watching the new board to looks like its going pretty good!

·
Registered
165 Posts
http://www.amphibian.com/cougar/

dont hammer the gas hard on the 3.8s when cold or they'll blow:D .

Find a complete 5.0 91-93 mn-12 car and swap it over, just add the extra wires for the injectors and swap the computer. You have to use the 91-93 5.0 mounts and brackets, you can also get any Mustang 5.0 with accesories

1 - 7 of 7 Posts