Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When u guys and gals get a chance read the article Feb HOT ROD magazine ref a company in Calif put a 5.0 engine and rear end in a Focus. Its unreal :cool:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I saw that.

It was made to become a "kit" to do the swap with a bolt in from subframe to mount the engine, etc.

Not many specifics about the kit or cost, and I have not had a chance to check out the website of the company.

Very interesting concept though.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I wasn't impressed with it ony running a 13.9 or something wih a 320hp crate motor. Also I would have gone EFI though.

Heck have a buddy thats running in the low 13's in his Focus with his 4 banger. Also with alttle help of nitrous :D

Brandon

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
yeah I talked with the guy back in Vegas in 2000 with the original prototype at the NHRA Vegas Nationals. He said that they weren't trying too hard to get awesome ETs (they had only gone [email protected] back then). that car had a full cage, GT40 motor, 9", 4-link, and all the guages and goodies. Badass sounding car too.

·
Registered
642 Posts
yeah I would think a 13.9 is pretty sad in a 2900 lbs car too but at almost 105 mph, that's not to bad of a mph. It's obvious that they weren't driving it to aggressively, plus they were running on a 235/45/17 radial.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I think that is bad-ass! Really when you look at the price list it would be alot cheaper then that. I wish I had the money to start another car becasue it would be a v8 focus!!!! Maybe in the future!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts