Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 1994 f150 with a 302 5.0 in it. I'm trying to fix it but I'm stumped it is backfiring out of the intake when I go past half throttle but any less it is fine.

I already changed the spark plugs and checked that the distributor was connected right.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
So I have a 1994 f150 with a 302 5.0 in it. I'm trying to fix it but I'm stumped it is backfiring out of the intake when I go past half throttle but any less it is fine.

I already changed the spark plugs and checked that the distributor was connected right.
I agree with @COP TZR - If you have "backfiring" out of the intake, its either running very lean and is "popping" audibly out the intake or really backfiring which is a signal that the plugs are firing out of timing while the intake valve is open.

The cause could be a multitude of things, check the distributor, check the Hall Effect signal, check the ignition module, then check fuel supply (if popping).

Was the distributor taken out previoulsy?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
No the Distributor has never been removed
Check the Hall Effect Sensor and ensure fuel pressure/supply

Is the engine actually backfiring, or is it "popping" audibly through the intake through throttle transition?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Typically a popping out of the intake under throttle transition or higher demand fuel condition leads to a lean condition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts