Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody give me a list of things I could do to the engine and bolt ons to hit the low 12's or 11's staying N/A?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Every bolt-on available, if you granny-shift like me. If you drive like Bob Cosby, it don't take much.

I have an 11sec car but I am a 12sec driver. I still have stock T-45 and refuse to powershift it until really provoked. Also, I am waiting for Jupiter to align with Mars and Saturn during a Full Moon night here on Earth.:D

Don't forget the drivetrain, you will surely be calling a tow truck once you hook up. Trust me, I blew a freshly built 31spline rear in less than 10 passes on slicks.

Later, Jason

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
You have a vert and thats kinda tough, I would say try to drop 400 lbs of the Stang somehow, (tubalar k-member, coil overs all around, light racing seats, mine weigh 11 lbs. each, remove the back seat..."hmm what-else", 4.56 gear, sub frames, intake work, pro stars (slicks and skinnies) and a good tune and also alot of practice..It might be possible but your at a dis-advantage being a vert..Good-Luck...DA Snake Boy!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
See the sig. I even did it on drag radials. Biggest thing is to get the weight down. I was at about 3250 and I also have a pretty good suspension setup. The air wasn't all that great and I went through the traps on the limiter so I know it has an 11.70-11.80 in it in good air. We'll see later this year. I'd like to see someone get together a list of the fastest n/a 4V's in the country. See where I stack up.

·
Corral Charter Member
2,020 Posts
Ditto above, and see sig. I didn't have the suspension stuff that Ian has, but I did have better air. Also ran mine on DR's. I also hope to run better this coming fall.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Joe Lynch needs to chime in here. He's been in the 12s for a while, even with the IRS before he switched to solid axle. And his car is a vert.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I second that on what Jason said. U need a good rear end. Get the car on a diet. My et(see sig) was done at a race weight w/ driver of 3550. Suspension helps too. -Mark

·
Registered
188 Posts
Or you can get a crap load of horse power and no suspension and still run in the 11's. :eek:

I know, I know... suspension is comming...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts