Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shop installed these things for me today.

Meziere electric waterpump
Fluidyne radiator
Silicone radiator hoses
b&m oil cooling kit
New wires/plugs/coilpacks ( i was gonna get a dis, but I heard too much about them breaking )

I started the car up, it ran fine. :p I drove it around town, on the highway, all around. It's 88* today, the humidity feels really high fwiw. Normally my cars temperature gauge read rather HOT, with the needle on the A most of the time, and would fluctuate from M to L. Today, its been reading cool to warm. The needle rested on the R for most of the day, the far right side of the R in the city, a little bit into the M after two high speed spurts. These really cooled my car off.

Next I wanna cool the underhood temps a little bit. I'm gonna go with either a header jacket, or wrap. I read about them on here, thanks for that thread whoever posted it. I really want them to cool off my cockpit though, it gots hot in there with my bbk lts and o/r setup. Whichever one I get, I'll do it myself with the headers on the car, and post what I think of them.

Oh, as far as the car being faster, I don't really think I got any hp from any of that... If I did, its too little by comparison to any other mod to really feel.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Header wrap destroys your headers. Stay away from it.

You might want to try a Saleen style heat extractor hood.

You could also try routing some air flow up into the engine bay from the fog holes.

Do you have under drive pulleys on your car?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I've got steedas.

Why does it destroy it? All the information I could find said it insulated the gasses real well, kept temps down under the hood and up in the pipes. Thats what I want.

I like that hood, but its too expensive, I'm actually looking @ the pinon cervinis with ramair that probably doesn't work, or the pinon cobra rr hood.

·
Registered
233 Posts
4VMENACE said:
Yes I've got steedas.

Why does it destroy it? All the information I could find said it insulated the gasses real well, kept temps down under the hood and up in the pipes. Thats what I want.

My friend bought a set of headers for a Grand National , paid over $700 for these and installed header wrap. Soon after he heard an exhaust leak and discovered a crack hiding underneath one of the wraps.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I'm not sure exactly, I think it has something to do with moisture and extreme heat.

Did you dyno the car before and after? or are those "butt-o-meter" results?

Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn that sucks about the wraps... I'm gonna call the company, this is my dailydriver, I have a beater, but I choose not to get into it that often :lol: I'm gonna talk to them about maybe just the jacket, or only wrapping the headers down to where they would get splashed from water or watever... I'll probably end up dropping this idea though... I'll probably just put that money into a pin-on hood.

That was just my opinion of the results man. Butt-O-Meter. I couldn't justify the $75 on dynotime when the car doesn't need tuned with what was just put on. Especially since when some parts I've been waiting on for over a month( lower intake, brake duct kit ) arrive I'll have to take the car to a machining shop ( polish stock tb, polish stock upper manifold inside/out ), install the parts and then I'll tune the car... It honestly doesn't feel any stronger though... A little smoother, better response from the better wires/plugs I guess, but no more 00mph

1 - 6 of 6 Posts