Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I no longer want my automatic and decided to swap to a manual trans. Figured if I was gonna do it, do it right so Im gonna go with a t-56. Anybody have all the parts Im gonna need down to the last bolt so I have everything before I start. And If anyone knows a website of how exactly to do this?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:joy: bump of the morning:D

·
Registered
505 Posts
Dont forget
1) clutch alignment tool
2) throw-out bearing
3) grade 8 bolts to bolt new flywheel to engine block
4) new flywheel
5) T-56 requires major mods done to your crossmember
6) correct T-56 mounting pad
7) link for Ford crossmember mod and complete T-56 tranny install:
http://www.drivetrain.com/fordt56inst.html

Recommend you have flywheel surfaced if you get a used one.

(do not quote me on using grade 8 bolts for the flywheel but I can't imagine using anything less. Check with someone else on this.)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Don't forget:
Tranny harness
Manual pcm
Swap out drive shaft yokes
Manual shifter interior trim piece

Thats all I can add right now!

·
Registered
445 Posts
somebody mentionned not to forget the tranny harness... do we really need this... since we you are swapping from auto to manual transmission...

Since the computer will no longer decide when to shift... why would the tranny harness be needed. I think this part is very expensive too.

·
Registered
670 Posts
You can get the t-56 kit from d&d motorsports for like $2300 or something like that. It comes with a new crossmember. I think you need the reverse lock out wiring too.

Josh

·
Registered
973 Posts
me too!

yeah i am officially looking into this myself. Can we just get a t56 crossmemeber from an 03 cobra and use that? Can anyone who has done this give me a phone number of where they can be reached through the Pm system. I would like to talk to someone in person before i get in over my head.

Thanks

Louie Panayi

or just call me at 219-746-1289

1 - 10 of 10 Posts