Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a complete swap for a manual car to convert to a 4r70w.

I have a 2001 Mustang GT Automatic transmission with 53k original miles on it, not a rebuild, everything is perfect. I swapped my car out for a t45 that is the only reason it came out of the car.
I did the swap at 53k miles and now have just over 57k on my car, if you want proof i can also show pictures of my car and the mileage. I am the 2nd owner of the car and have had it since 24000 miles which i can also prove with the carfax report from when i bought the car. The car was originally owned by a single women so you know it wasn't driven hard. I also have not driven the car hard, i dont drag race, and i dont race light to light, i got it mainly for transportation back and forth to college which was 50 miles one way on the highway. It has also been halfway across the country which was about 2500 miles that are on the transmission. 90% of the 30k miles i put on the transmission were highway driving.

Maintenance:
The transmission was serviced with a Ford Motorcraft Transmission filter and fluid at 25000 miles right after i got the car. It didn't need the change but i over protect my cars and change the transmission fluid/filter every 30k miles. Since i knew that i was putting the 5speed in my car it has not had a new filter since the 25000 miles. Since the torgue converter has been drained i would suggest getting a new filter when filling with fluid since it is fairly cheap

Parts Included:
This is a 100% swap into your 4.6 mustang. The only other thing you might need is an engine tuner like SCT to retune with auto parameters in the transmission, i used SCT tuner to tune the auto features out of mine to work with my manual and it worked like a champ.

Transmission
Full Wiring Harness with O2 sensor connectors
Gear Selector switch mounted on driver side of transmission
Gear shift lever and cable
Transmission crossmember
Trans oil cooler lines
Dipstick
Trans Pan
Torque Converter
Engine Separator plate
Flex Plate to bolt torque converter to engine and bolts
Transmission to engine bolts
Automatic break pedal assembly with brake switch
Also comes with d-shaft which isnt pictured, it is same as 5spd with different yoke is all

please email me at [email protected] or call 919-624-0213
i am located in central NC but can help deliver a little or meet halfway.

i am looking at trying to get around 900 or so for everything, i will part it out only if the transmission itself sells first, i would like to keep it a direct swap kit

i am also willing to trade it for a set of stock 03/04 machined cobras with ok-decent tires, or 18in Fr500s/Bullitts/Saleens

could also trade for a good 5.0 short/long block(fox body) or maximum motorsports suspension pieces for my 01 GT this trans came from

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Realized i put 900 for the price, it should be 700 for everything or 500 for the trans and the shifter, d-shaft and pedal could go separate

·
Registered
643 Posts
Not a bad price. Im looking to swap to auto but I am trying to get a good price for my TR3650 swap set up. Im in Monroe, NC near Charlotte. I will keep you in mind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man, i might would trade you for all the tr3650 stuff if you cant find anything.

basically flywheel to driveshaft with pedal assembly and cable and shifter and boot.

if you have the stock boot surround around the dash that is all charcoal i could swap that with you too?

let me know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts