Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day All,

Update from previous initial break in dyno run below:
Here's what we changed: went from LSM 55mm Cam net lift 744/742" 282/[email protected] .50" 114 lobe sep -- to a Comp Cam Net lift 724/724, 271/[email protected]" 110 lobe sep
Fuel: We sent out Holley XP 950 E-85 Carburetor to Kevin @ CSU and he worked his magic on it.

The cam changed help make more usable power as this motor will be ran NA most of it's life and will occasionally see NOS; hence the cam change from an aggressive NOS 1st cam to a cam that makes more power NA. Hope you guys enjoy and subscribe to the channel as we swap this into my 68 Falcon. 馃尳馃尳

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initial Dyno Post:
I made a post about a year ago with the specs of a 430W build with the following specs:
Trick-flow 225 R-Series head from Total Engine Airflow (they flow 356 CFM @700 lift intake - 282 @ 700 ex) running Victory 1 Ti intake valve 2.08, Ferrea Stainless steel ex valve 1.6. ?? I currently have a set going on a 430W 13:1 CR and port matched Super Victor Holley 950 XP E-85. Dart Iron Eagle block Lunati Signature series crank, Oliver billet I-beam rods (Speedway series), Diamond pistons, 55mm roller cam journal custom cam specs (744/742 lift - [email protected] 282/296 114 lobe sep) from LSM. .904 Isky EZ Roll Max bushed lifter, T&D Shaft mount rockers. Will spray a 250 wet shot of NOS on top. Hoping for 750 on motor and close to 1K on the juice.

A couple weeks ago I had the motor dyno'd and we have some preliminary numbers. The motor isn't final, but we're happy with the results so far. I have a YouTube channel that I'm posting vids on. If you like what you see please share and subscribe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other notable videos on the channel:

Ford Falcon 430 Windsor
CSM Racing Engines
430 Windsor Dyno pt.1

Registered
Saw your video on YouTube, that's a stout build!

Registered
Nice!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saw your video on YouTube, that's a stout build!
Thanks,

Stay tuned as I'm immediately moving to swap it into the 68 Falcon behind a T-56 Magnum with McLeod RXT twin disc clutch.

NOS to follow before long. :p(y) 馃挴馃嵒

Premium Member
What does the Falcon weigh?

Premium Member
Damn. That is heavy.

Registered
'87 Cougah 428W - 鈿ougar7.0鈿
That's light. My Cougar is 3460 without me in it. My Mustang is 2 tons with me in it.

Registered
Nice combo!

I really have to ask about the 430ci decision specifically. Lately I have been seeing more builds using the 430ci setup, so I am curious why this has become more popular lately? Why not just go with a standard 4.00 x 4.125 427ci combo?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice combo!

I really have to ask about the 430ci decision specifically. Lately I have been seeing more builds using the 430ci setup, so I am curious why this has become more popular lately? Why not just go with a standard 4.00 x 4.125 427ci combo?
It's where the block was in its lifespan: engine builder is a Diamond Racing Pistons dealer and placed several piston orders with same 4.137 bore: The other build was a Dart billet block, Edelbrock 7721 headed twin turbo motor that is capable of 3000 horse turned up! It utilized Diamond Racing Piston Hard Anodized (same 4.137 bore as my 430W), Special Coating, with pin buttons, tool steel pins, and GRP Billet Pro Mod rods.

The Iron Eagle block I have can be bored to 4.155 or 4.185 I can't remember. I'd like to get my hands on a set of Brodix Head Hunters; 300 cc intake runners and 15* valves (raised runners). They flow around 400 CFM @800" lift. I think they are capable of 2 horse per cubic inch. I'd love an 800+ horse NA Windsor, but am happy with the current combo.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn. That is heavy.
Light weight was never a goal with the car, it actually carves up corners quite well and will only get better. The cage, 9" and current 9.5 deck Boss block 408w definitely added weight over original 289/C4 8" open diff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts