Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want some valve covers that say 408 Stroker or something similar. i see some for 347 or even 408 Cleveland but none 408 Windsor. any recommendations? technically my engine is a bored to 410ci but ill accept that 410 would not be common enough to find one.

few for example
Musical instrument accessory Rectangle Gadget Video game accessory Font
Automotive design Font Automotive lighting Rectangle Auto part
Vehicle registration plate Grille Motor vehicle Font Bumper

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to each their own. i think they look better than if they say Ford Racing or Edelbrock or such. my old valve covers are old and peeling not to mention too short and require a spacer to clear my rockers. i do want them black to match my engine. jsut figuered a bit of added personalization would be nice

alot of those that come up in google dont do SBF. but some of them are pretty expensive or too much for my uses. i dont really need fabricated covers, id be fine with stamped really but i know most will be cast.

that Winchester link they do have some amazing looking covers. but ya thats abit much for me. im looking for something more basic

i was trying to find to find out what companies made the 347 covers. i guess Ansen Valve Covers makes the first one and they do custom. so i emailed them and going to have it say 410CI Windsor. also might get a second set that say 349CI Windsor. compared to off-the-shelf cast valve covers, the price is decent. design is simple enough. i think i would be happy with them

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had Kuntz CNC and powdercoat a set of valve covers for my engine when I had it built. They mentioned it and I said, "Yeah, that would be pretty cool, let's do it!" Came out pretty sweet, I think.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Musical instrument Automotive exterior Gas

I had assumed that these would be a lower cost than elsewhere. Good chance for Kuntz to slap their name on the badass engine they built. If I had known how much the cost would be, I wouldn't have done it, but they cut me a break on some other stuff and I saved a lot of money shopping for my own parts and taking them to them, so I wasn't unhappy or anything.

These are the covers that we dyno'd my engine with. I think I like them just as much or more. Old school feel to them.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

Any machine shop that has a CNC should be able to do you a set.

·
Registered
850 Posts
...any shop that advertises their name on your valve covers takes a chance at viewers in the winners circle or the pits after you drop the crank on the track bout 40 feet out...unless they give me a free engine/motor, I dont advertise for them...contingency decals are a different topic...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Every time I see those stroker valve covers, I throw up a little in my mouth.

·
Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
577 Posts
How much power will a 408 valve cover add to the 302 I’m getting ready to build? Or can I only do that if I have a B cam?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I had Kuntz CNC and powdercoat a set of valve covers for my engine when I had it built. They mentioned it and I said, "Yeah, that would be pretty cool, let's do it!" Came out pretty sweet, I think.

View attachment 1077983

I had assumed that these would be a lower cost than elsewhere. Good chance for Kuntz to slap their name on the badass engine they built. If I had known how much the cost would be, I wouldn't have done it, but they cut me a break on some other stuff and I saved a lot of money shopping for my own parts and taking them to them, so I wasn't unhappy or anything.

These are the covers that we dyno'd my engine with. I think I like them just as much or more. Old school feel to them.

View attachment 1077984

Any machine shop that has a CNC should be able to do you a set.
Forget the valve covers. Start a topic about that build.

·
Registered
66 Posts
...any shop that advertises their name on your valve covers takes a chance at viewers in the winners circle or the pits after you drop the crank on the track bout 40 feet out...unless they give me a free engine/motor, I dont advertise for them...contingency decals are a different topic...
Very true. I'm not a sticker or a decal guy for that reason. I think they don't look very good and I'm not turning my car into a rolling billboard while paying full price for everything. But I don't make money on my effort, I just spend money and have fun.

Forget the valve covers. Start a topic about that build.
I should. I have build threads on a couple other sites. But don't like linking to other forums much.

·
Registered
577 Posts
...here you go - these are hanging on the wall in my mower shed - JC Penny/Automotive section circa 1973...should get you to that 135 mph time slip...
Pro Stock!?! Dang, those are easily 600 hp vale covers at a car show. First mustang fastback came with old school So Ca Speed Shop finned aluminum valve covers. Just finned not writing. I believe that is where that look started.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts